Please login or register. May 26, 2017, 02:49:34 AM

Author Topic: The Transfer Window.  (Read 66750 times)

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
The Transfer Window.
« on: July 03, 2010, 06:50:19 PM »
A thread for general rumours & news during the transfer window.

Ashley Cole wants to quit Chelsea and move to Real Madrid following England's failure at the World Cup.

Barcelona say they will not pay "silly" money for Cesc Fabregas.

Manchester City are lining up a £15m bid for Lazio's Aleksandar Kolarov.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Arsenal

New Barcelona president Sandro Rosell is adamant the club will not pay over the odds for Cesc Fabregas. (Sky Sports)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Aston Villa

Nottingham Forest manager Billy Davies has confirmed his interest in Aston Villa defender Nicky Shorey. (tribalfootball.com)

Aston Villa and Sunderland are both chasing Manchester City defender Nedum Onuoha. (Goal.com)

Birmingham City

Celtic manager Neil Lennon has played down reports linking Aidan McGeady with a move to Birmingham. (Sky Sports)

Blackburn Rovers

Blackburn Rovers have joined the race to sign Ghana striker Asamoah Gyan. (EatSleepSport)

Blackpool

Newcastle United and Blackpool are ready to battle it out for the signature of Manchester United youngster Tom Cleverley. (EatSleepSport)

Bolton Wanderers

Owen Coyle has ruled out moves for free transfers Juan Roman Riqulme and Ilan but wants Arsenal's Jack Wilshere back on loan. (tribalfootball)

Chelsea

Ashley Cole wants to leave Chelsea following England's poor showing at the World Cup and his preferred destination would be Real Madrid. (Mirror)

Everton

Everton are closing in on a deal for Neftchi Baku's 18-year-old Azerbaijan midfielder Araz Abdullayev. (Mail)

Fulham

Glen Hoddle is the latest name to be linked with the vacant Fulham job. (Goal.com)

Liverpool

New Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho has put Steven Gerrard at the top of his wishlist. (Mirror)

Liverpool are reportedly ready to make a move for Japan international midfielder Yashuhito Endo from Gamba Osaka (Caughtoffide.com)

£9m-rated winger Royston Drenthe, who is reportedly surplus to requirements at Real Madrid, is also on Liverpool's wishlist. (Caughtoffside.com)

Liverpool are the latest team to join the race for Joe Cole. (footylatest.com)

Manchester City

Manchester City look to continue their summer spending spree with a £15m bid for Lazio's Aleksandar Kolarov. (Mirror)

Manchester United

Preston North End have re-signed Manchester United midfielder Matty James on loan. (Mail)

Newcastle

Turkey international Mevlut Erdnic has turned down a move to Newcastle United saying he is happy to stay with Paris St Germain. (Star)

Stoke City

West Brom have joined Stoke City in the race to sign Cardiff City's out-of-contract midfielder Joe Ledley. (Mirror)

Sunderland

Sunderland have completed the loan signing of Egypt international Al Muhammadi from ENNPPI. (Mail)

Tottenham Hotspur

Tottenham target Arda Turan looks set to be on his way to Liverpool to the frustration of Harry Redknapp. (Footylatest.com)

-------------------------------------------------------------

West Ham United

West Ham have tabled an improved offer of £11.1 million for Nice striker Loic Remy and they are still in the hunt for Brazilian wonderkid Neymar. (Mail)

West Bromwich Albion

West Brom have made a late swoop to try and sign Cardiff's Joe Ledley who will cost around £750,000 in compensation. (Mirror)

Wigan Athletic

Aston Villa have set their sights on Wigan striker Hugo Rodallega (EatSleepSport)

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Wolverhampton's 18-year-old Nathaniel Mendez-Laing will spend next season with Peterborough United. (Vital Football)

I hope, I do not wait.

Does somebody torture you whilst force feeding you Chinese Democracy!?

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

rds.06

• Gets More Pussy Than Mick Wall
  • "I'm Melting"
Re: The Transfer Window.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 10:32:36 PM »
Barca better pay over the odds for Cesc, they just got close to 30 million for Yaya and he isnt even in the first team, 50 million or fuck off. But knowing Wenger he will let him leave for less than his worth.
clean your ears...Nickelback's guitar work is awesome.

Bluelion

• Old At Heart
  • Oh, I paid the price...
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 11:32:13 PM »
So in the last week Man City have bought David Silva and Yaya Toure. And who have Chelsea bought? Oh yeah, Benayoun  :fpalm:
An empty shell seems so easy to crack.
Got all these questions.
Don't know who I could even ask.
So I'll just lie alone and wait for the dream.
Where I'm not ugly and you're looking at me.

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 11:36:52 PM »
So in the last week Man City have bought David Silva and Yaya Toure. And who have Chelsea bought? Oh yeah, Benayoun  :fpalm:

Once again I'm not impressed by 'Citehs" signings these players obviously have questionable mentalities. They could and should be playing champions league football next season, but have moved for money, just Like Robinho.
I hope, I do not wait.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Bluelion

• Old At Heart
  • Oh, I paid the price...
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 11:44:13 PM »
Yep, that's why Man City won't be able to build a proper team. Especially as basically the whole first 11 seems to get replaced every year or so now.
An empty shell seems so easy to crack.
Got all these questions.
Don't know who I could even ask.
So I'll just lie alone and wait for the dream.
Where I'm not ugly and you're looking at me.

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 02:41:33 PM »
Manchester City are preparing to make another controversial summer swoop on Everton with a bid for Mikel Arteta.

City boss Roberto Mancini, who is hoping to take his spending close to the £100million barrier with a £25million offer for Aston Villa’s James Milner this week, will follow that up by asking Everton to name their price for Arteta.

The Merseysiders, who lost a battle to keep Joleon Lescott out of City’s clutches last year when the England defender moved to Eastlands in a £24million deal after a bitter war of words between the two clubs, are already braced for a City bid.

Boss David Moyes does not want to lose the gifted Spanish midfielder.

But last year he blamed his side’s poor start to the season on Lescott’s protracted departure.

Moyes rates Arteta as an even more important player – so it will take a City bid in excess of £25million to take the former Real Sociedad and Rangers playmaker away from Goodison.
I hope, I do not wait.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2010, 02:46:53 PM »
Manchester City have made Yaya Toure the Premier League's first £200,000-a-week player according to reports.

The £24m signing from Barcelona starts life at Eastlands on £185,000-a-week but has engineered a rise to £221,000-a-week from next April, when the government's new 50% tax rise comes into force.

Toure will take home £5.75million a year after tax.

It is an incredible deal for a player who made just 13 starts for Barca last season.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Manchester-City-s-Yaya-Toure-is-on-200-000-a-week-
I hope, I do not wait.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

JLR

• A Classic Case
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2010, 05:10:28 PM »
That's disgusting. He's not even that good. £15million player at most.

pawnshop-guitars

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • Time for a gin?
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2010, 05:37:19 PM »
Jesus christ. That is disgusting. All this money is actually killing football now, sadly.
I think it is high time for a bit of class around here, don't you?

rds.06

• "I'm Melting"
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2010, 09:20:52 PM »
Toure is average. Where does he fit in the City team? They already have Barry, De Jong, Kompany & Viera.

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2010, 09:52:53 PM »
Toure is average. Where does he fit in the City team? They already have Barry, De Jong, Kompany & Viera.

Obviously Mancini doesn't fancy a couple of them, only Viera has been his Signing. then again Kompany can play Centre Half, and Barry is versatile too.
I hope, I do not wait.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Adriana Galore

• A Classic Case
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2010, 10:01:27 PM »
Jesus christ. That is disgusting. All this money is actually killing football now, sadly.

As it shows at WC Tournament! Lazy millionaires, why should they work hard for just a thing as honour and make your country happy?  :smirk:
Frock n' Roll!

rds.06

• "I'm Melting"
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2010, 10:03:16 PM »
Obviously Mancini doesn't fancy a couple of them, only Viera has been his Signing. then again Kompany can play Centre Half, and Barry is versatile too.

Didnt Viera only have a 1 year deal but they gave him another year at the end of the season?

Kompany can play centre half but they a load of them already, cant see Barry playing anywhere else but DM. De Jong must be on the way out the door but knowing City they could just keep the lot. Mancini could be gone after 5 games if they dont start well.

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2010, 10:09:42 PM »
Didnt Viera only have a 1 year deal but they gave him another year at the end of the season?

Kompany can play centre half but they a load of them already, cant see Barry playing anywhere else but DM. De Jong must be on the way out the door but knowing City they could just keep the lot. Mancini could be gone after 5 games if they dont start well.

not sure about Viera, but Kompany & Lescott were competing for a place alongside Toure last season.
I hope, I do not wait.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2010, 07:46:47 PM »
Arsenal

Barcelona defender says his Spain team-mate Cesc Fabregas has his heart on playing for the Catalan club next season. (Mail)

Sporting Braga have offered Arsenal their Portugal international goalkeeper Eduardo for £3.4 million. (Mail)

Aston Villa

Martin O'Neill is in the hunt for Wigan Athletic striker Hugo Rodallega. (Clubcall.com)

Birmingham City

Former Birmingham striker Paul Devlin has urged Alex McLeish not to sign Fulham's Bobby Zamora. (Birmingham Mail)

Blackburn Rovers

Sam Allardyce looks sets to offer Portsmouth striker David Nugent a Premier league lifeline by taking him to Ewood Park. (Goal.com)

Blackpool

Ian Holloway is close to making his first signing as a Premier League manager by launching a £1 million bid for Bournemouth striker Brett Pitman. Blackpool have also targeted Nicky Butt and Rangers' winger DaMarcus Beasley. (Star)

Bolton Wanderers

Owen Coyle is closing in on Real Madrid's Marcos Alonso and Rodrigo Moreno for a combined fee of £5 million. (Sun)

Chelsea

Chelsea look set to sign Fernando Torres with the Spaniard's agent indicating he is on the brink of leaving Liverpool. (Mail)

However, Carlo Ancelotti's top transfer target is Germany's Thomas Muller. (caughtoffside.com)

Chelsea are also close to signing Porto and Portugal midfielder Raul Meireles for £15 million. (Mirror)

Everton

Everton have struck a deal to give them first option on the signing of Azerbaijan midfielder Araz Abdullayev. (PremierLeague.com)

Fulham

Fulham are set to miss out on Aston Villa midfielder Steve Sidwell who looks like he will join West Ham United. (Mail)

They will also lose out to the signing of Frederic Piquionne with West Ham his likely destination. (Sun)

Liverpool

Fernando Torres is on the brink of leaving Anfield with Chelsea being his likely destination. (Mail)

Liverpool and Wolfsburg are both in the race for Newcastle United defender Steven Taylor. (tribalfootball.com)

Espanyol want to re-sign Liverpool winger Albert Riera. (Mail)

Manchester City

Wolfsburg striker Edin Dzeko is Roberto Mancini's top target as Manchester City's spending spree should exceed £150 million. (Mail)

Stiker Valeri Bojinov has been sold to Parma for £4.25 million. (Mirror)

Manchester United

Sir Alex Ferguson is lining up a £25 million for Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema. (Clubcall.com)

Manchester United are also considering a move for German senastion Mesut Ozil. (Clubcall.com)

Newcastle

Wolfsburg and Liverpool are to fight it out for Newcastle United defender Steven Taylor. (tribalfootball.com)

Stoke City

Tony Pulis has upped his bid for Cardiff's Joe Ledley by offering £2 million plus midfielder Michael Tonge in part-exchange. (Mirror)

Stoke are also close to signing former West Ham United striker Ilan on a free transfer. (Mail)

Stoke full-back Carl Dickinson is going to opt for Preston North End over Sheffield United in a £500,000 deal. (Sun)

Sunderland

Wigan Athletic's Charles N'Zogbia may well be on his way to Sunderland. (tribalfootball.com)

Tottenham Hotspur

Tottenham look like they are to miss out on the Getafe's Pedro Leon with the Spanish winger preferring a move to Real Madrid. (Sun)

-------------------------------------------------------------

West Ham United

West Ham should beat Espanyol to the £3 million signing of Mexico winger Pablo Barrera and the London club are also keen on Aston Villa's Steve Sidwell. (Mail)

Avram Grant looks set to sign Frederic Piquionne who he had on loan at Portsmouth last season. (Sun)

West Bromwich Albion

West Brom are to miss out on Frederic Piquionne with West Ham his likely destination. (Sun)

Wigan Athletic

Charles N'Zogbia may well be on his way to Sunderland. (tribalfootball.com)

Wigan have a fight on their hands to keep hold of striker Hugo Rodallega who is attracting interest from Aston Villa. (Clubcall.com)

The Spanish press believe Manchester City left-back Javier Garrido is on his way to Wigan. (vitalfootball.com)

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Mick McCarthy is set to sign Guinea midfielder Kevin Constant on a free.
I hope, I do not wait.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH