Please login or register. March 24, 2017, 08:59:59 PM

Author Topic: Guns N' Roses Named Worst Comeback Album!!!  (Read 13678 times)

chainsmoker

• Used To Do A Little
Re: Guns N' Roses Named Worst Comeback Album!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2010, 06:17:20 AM »
CD definitely does not deserve to be on that list  :disgust:

St Anger does though.

Emilia

• All Geared Up
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2010, 09:13:11 AM »
Well, CD does not deserve to be on that list, but who the fuck cares?!  :lol:
All you need is just a little patience.

abaraxas

• Very Old At Heart
  • Arch Faggot
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2010, 11:44:36 AM »

St Anger does though.

:thumbsup:

Chinese Democracy (putting aside my bias) is actually a strong record-a lot of bands will never write or record even one song as good as any on that album in their whole careers and still be massively successful.

Even though it took forever to come out, I still prefer that to GNR releasing a steaming pile of shit like St Anger, or if truth be told just rehashing bits of all their old records like Metallica did with Death Magnetic-at least Axl didnt just cave in and release a lump of dog turd (although even from 99 demos the CD songs were never that)

As I always say,the leaks were better than the finals in most cases-but still the album that you can buy is in no way a piece of crap.
Humanary Stew

Kusksu

• It Was A Long Time With Me
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2010, 01:29:13 PM »
Not surprised to see it here. The problem with CD is that it will never an honest review. Some people will hate simply for how the band how ended up. Others will criticize it for the delays. The Die hard axl fans also praise it to no end, just because its Axl.
The album is solid, good songs and consistent. But its not the best album ever, hell i would say its the third best Guns N' Roses album (After AFD and UYI II).
CD will get mostly two types of reviews, reviews saying its the best album in the last 15 years, and reviews saying its a pile of shit. To be honest i dont see that changing with Guns n' roses
'I was in heaven
I was in hell
Believe in neither
But fear them as well!'

Modest Mouse - Doin The Cockroach

rds.06

• Gets More Pussy Than Mick Wall
  • "I'm Melting"
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2010, 01:16:58 PM »

St Anger does though.

I agree.

CD is a good record, nothing special but its good, outstanding in parts i.e Better, TWAT, Sorry but poor in other areas, Scraped, Riad, SOD etc.

St Anger on the hands deserves to be on the list.
clean your ears...Nickelback's guitar work is awesome.

DJ Axl

• But A Little Wouldn't Do It
  • I Said I'd Fight back, I never said I'd fight fair
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2010, 02:12:04 PM »

Chinese Democracy (putting aside my bias) is actually a strong record-a lot of bands will never write or record even one song as good as any on that album in their whole careers and still be massively successful.

Even though it took forever to come out, I still prefer that to GNR releasing a steaming pile of shit like St Anger, or if truth be told just rehashing bits of all their old records like Metallica did with Death Magnetic-at least Axl didnt just cave in and release a lump of dog turd (although even from 99 demos the CD songs were never that)

As I always say,the leaks were better than the finals in most cases-but still the album that you can buy is in no way a piece of crap.

I agree.
All if not most reviews I have read have not really criticized the songs, but they always mention money, time and no slash :'(.  Seriously, they should just go back to giving 5/5 to Jason derimjob.  CD is a good album.  It takes a bit of time to develop a good taste but its incredible.  It is evident that Axl worked his ass of to make this perfect and he did very well.  In terms of the rehashing, this was original.  There is no way one can say it was rehashed as that would be the same as saying a nickelback album has "a fresh, new sound", something in which the same person who reviewed CD said  :fpalm:.  It is not a bad album and definitely not one of the worst.  If they're actually serious, why is there no Backstreet boys?  Oh yea, I forgot, theyre all sticking their cauliflower in their asses and Kesha's blue waffle.

Overall, it in no way should be on this list.
Im pretty sure WTTJ wears a safety helmet when hes on the internets. :nod:

cwiebe888

• In Another Woman's Bed
    • Axl Rose The GREATEST Singer On Earth!!!!!!!
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2010, 09:57:49 PM »
in my opinion its one of their best, and thats all it is, is someones opinion you cant have the best album in the world, or the best guitarist or singer(Axl Rose just my opinion) so who cares what some stupid article says   
My hands are tied
The billions shift from side to side
And the wars go on with brainwashed pride
For the love of God and our human rights
And all these things are swept aside
By bloody hands time can't deny
And are washed away by your genocide

Shacklers Revenge

• But A Little Wouldn't Do It
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2010, 10:25:00 PM »
Chinese Democracy was awesome. However, with Axl being the only original member standing, a fairly different music style, and 12 years of hype surrounding it...absolutely nothing could have pleased the masses. And it certainly didn't please a good chunk of rock fans.

We think we've come so far
On all our lies we depend
Facing our consequence
This is the beginning of the end

Euterpe

• Very Old At Heart
  • Voice of the Voiceless.
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2010, 02:33:20 AM »

I agree.
All if not most reviews I have read have not really criticized the songs, but they always mention money, time and no slash :'(.  Seriously, they should just go back to giving 5/5 to Jason derimjob.  CD is a good album.  It takes a bit of time to develop a good taste but its incredible.  It is evident that Axl worked his ass of to make this perfect and he did very well.  In terms of the rehashing, this was original.  There is no way one can say it was rehashed as that would be the same as saying a nickelback album has "a fresh, new sound", something in which the same person who reviewed CD said  :fpalm:.  It is not a bad album and definitely not one of the worst.  If they're actually serious, why is there no Backstreet boys?  Oh yea, I forgot, theyre all sticking their cauliflower in their asses and Kesha's blue waffle.

Overall, it in no way should be on this list.

Chinese Democracy was awesome. However, with Axl being the only original member standing, a fairly different music style, and 12 years of hype surrounding it...absolutely nothing could have pleased the masses. And it certainly didn't please a good chunk of rock fans.

I agree with all of this :thumbsup:
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Fuck you, whore.

Johan is not nuts. At least not anymore nuts than the rest of us. He is ruled by his own psychology, which includes jealousy that he cannot sing that high.

The Spaghetti Incident?

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • All those wasted hours we used to know..
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2010, 01:56:41 PM »

Thank you. :thumbsup:

It felt like you truly mean what you wrote there, putting aside your feelings towards the behavior of the band (Axl).

I don't want to compare it with the old albums, but CD did give us some of the best songs G&R have ever recorded (IMO) but also some fairly blase music that isn't worth praising but could still manage to sit on the same level as say Think About You or Perfect Crime (IMO).

pawnshop-guitars

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • Time for a gin?
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2010, 01:48:43 PM »
I listened to Chi Dem in the car yesterday, and fucking loved it. It does have points I'm not so keen on, but all the songs there are strong, and some are epic. TWAT still gives me goosebumps for God's sake. I might have ripped on the band, but shit, they can't half write some cool shit. I love how it's different, not only to old Guns, but to everything else out there too. Bucket's weirdness combined with Finck's more normal guitar parts with the extra awesome provided by Pitman really makes it a great album. One of my favourites actually, now I think of it.

And so I say I disagree with this man. It's just a shame I don't get paid to write my opinion on the interwebs and have other people read it.
I think it is high time for a bit of class around here, don't you?

Euterpe

• Very Old At Heart
  • Voice of the Voiceless.
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2010, 03:38:35 AM »
I listened to Chi Dem in the car yesterday, and fucking loved it. It does have points I'm not so keen on, but all the songs there are strong, and some are epic. TWAT still gives me goosebumps for God's sake. I might have ripped on the band, but shit, they can't half write some cool shit. I love how it's different, not only to old Guns, but to everything else out there too. Bucket's weirdness combined with Finck's more normal guitar parts with the extra awesome provided by Pitman really makes it a great album. One of my favourites actually, now I think of it.

And so I say I disagree with this man. It's just a shame I don't get paid to write my opinion on the interwebs and have other people read it.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Fuck you, whore.

Johan is not nuts. At least not anymore nuts than the rest of us. He is ruled by his own psychology, which includes jealousy that he cannot sing that high.

smoothie illusion

• Man Of Wealth And Taste
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2010, 04:09:21 AM »
it isnt the worst its just the least good

well said

IrishConnor94

• Bedouin
    • The Rock N' Metal Blog
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2013, 11:00:49 PM »
I can see why Chinese Democracy would be on there, since the general opinion of it is low, but I liked that record, still do \m/
Connor Rae from The Rock N' Metal Blog http://www.therocknmetalblog.blogspot.ca/

MrB

• Fit Ta Burn
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2013, 03:07:27 AM »
most of it is terrible evident by Axl refusing to play it.

Better
Street of Dreams
Catcher in the Rye
If The World
Sorry
Riad
Scraped
This I love
Prostitute
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 04:51:57 PM by MrB »