Please login or register. April 30, 2017, 11:34:37 PM

Author Topic: New GNR book club  (Read 33479 times)

Coma16

• Tongue Like A Razor
Re: New GNR book club
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2010, 02:53:31 PM »
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (AKA 'Men who hate Women') - about 100 pages in and so far it's really good!
Finished this one a few days ago and can't wait to start the 2nd book of the trilogy!
"Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke"

Percy

• King Dick
  • W. Axl Rose<3
    • Facebook;
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2010, 09:16:30 PM »
You Guys Make Some Funny Topics  :lol:

Well Me I Am Reading Anne Frank... :disgust:
10 Lbs 6oz. Percy Alex Brian Houle the 4th
Born April 12; he's a boy :D

Emilia

• All Geared Up
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2010, 06:08:52 PM »
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (AKA 'Men who hate Women') - about 100 pages in and so far it's really good!

That trilogy really kicks ass!
All you need is just a little patience.

Trixi

• Very Old At Heart
  • shit ghost
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2010, 08:02:48 PM »
Dark Tower is awesome.
I've read them all.

Someone said it gets pretty boring after the third book. Please say it doesn't. *fingers crossed*
The official spliff of newgnr.com

Trixi is dead! Long live Trixi!

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2010, 09:08:28 PM »
It's fantastic, Wolves Of The Calla is my favourite. Just have a little break between each book.
I hope, I do not wait.

Does somebody torture you whilst force feeding you Chinese Democracy!?

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

pawnshop-guitars

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • Time for a gin?
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2010, 04:00:36 PM »
In the last week I have read Fight Club and Twilight of the Gods, the memoirs of a Swedish Waffen SS volunteer on the Eastern Front. I am currently reading 'Line Upon a Wind', which is going to take a long ass time. I swear it's longer than the bible :?:
I think it is high time for a bit of class around here, don't you?

Euterpe

• Very Old At Heart
  • Voice of the Voiceless.
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2010, 06:31:35 PM »
I'm reading Before I Fall. But my sister read it then ruined it for me :?: Anyhow, s far, really good
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Fuck you, whore.

Johan is not nuts. At least not anymore nuts than the rest of us. He is ruled by his own psychology, which includes jealousy that he cannot sing that high.

axls_sweetchild

• It Was A Long Time With Me
  • Got a one way ticket and there's no way out alive
« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2010, 07:34:13 PM »
Reading "The Immortal" series...only on book two.....nowhere as good as Twilight...but the author is giving it a good try. Hope I can stay interested long enough to get the whole series read. I didn't know fictionally...that there was a difference between a vampire and an Immortal.
If I could go back in time...To a place in my soul, there all alone.....

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2010, 11:22:05 PM »
Just started reading reading Rule By Secrecy by Jim Marrs. If it's half as fascinating as the last one of his I read (The Rise of the Fourth Reich: The Secret Societies That Threaten to Take Over America) then it should be a great read.  :paranoid:
I hope, I do not wait.

Does somebody torture you whilst force feeding you Chinese Democracy!?

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

axls_sweetchild

« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2010, 07:08:50 PM »
Just started reading reading Rule By Secrecy by Jim Marrs. If it's half as fascinating as the last one of his I read (The Rise of the Fourth Reich: The Secret Societies That Threaten to Take Over America) then it should be a great read.  :paranoid:

I'm jealous...I wish books like your reading would interest me...but then again...I never gave them much of a chance. The secret societies that threaten to take over America...now that does peak my interest...thanks for sharing that info.

Emilia

• All Geared Up
« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2010, 04:28:03 PM »

I'm jealous...I wish books like your reading would interest me...but then again...I never gave them much of a chance. The secret societies that threaten to take over America...now that does peak my interest...thanks for sharing that info.

How can you tell you like or not like something, if you never gave it a chance?  :?:

On topic.
I´m currently reading The Winner Stands Alone by Paolo Coelho. It´s boring, it´s seems it´s never ending. The Alchemist was better. Thank god I´m almost done with it and can take another book soon :lol:

Adriana Galore

• A Classic Case
« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2010, 06:49:12 PM »
I also read Paulo Coelho. "Veronika decide morrer" aka "Veronika decides to die". Very moving.
Frock n' Roll!

axls_sweetchild

« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2010, 07:35:42 PM »
How can you tell you like or not like something, if you never gave it a chance?  :?:

On topic.
I´m currently reading The Winner Stands Alone by Paolo Coelho. It´s boring, it´s seems it´s never ending. The Alchemist was better. Thank god I´m almost done with it and can take another book soon :lol:

I know my likes and dislikes...see, your reading a book that you don't care for...but your reading it to the end. I admire you for that....me...I would have put it down and started reading something else.  I know what subjects interest me..and what doesn't...but sometimes you can get a nice surprise.

pawnshop-guitars

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • Time for a gin?
« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2010, 07:38:44 PM »
I'm still reading 'Line Upon a Wind'. I've not managed to get a proper reading sesh on the go, hopefully I'll get one soon and really get stuck into it. Although I have just read about Nelson's first campaigns and how admiral Howe engaged the French fleet and the two battered each other into submission. Interesting shit :nod:
I think it is high time for a bit of class around here, don't you?

Emilia

• All Geared Up
« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2010, 08:10:21 PM »

I know my likes and dislikes...see, your reading a book that you don't care for...but your reading it to the end. I admire you for that....me...I would have put it down and started reading something else.  I know what subjects interest me..and what doesn't...but sometimes you can get a nice surprise.

But if I put the boring book down and take another one, I´ll never know if it gets better near the end. Same goes with music, some music can be "bad" when you listen to it for a first time, but when you give it a chance, you can realize it´s just brilliant.