Ever wanted to drink for 9 hours straight?
Here's the perfect excuse!
So, before you start each player has to allocate themselves a Lord of the Rings name, no one can have the same name, which is a lot of fun if you have a lot of players, you have to start pulling in the Haldirs and Eomers. Everyone must be called by their LOTR name for the length of the game, and anyone who does otherwise must take 2 drinks.
Now for the official rules:
Everyone must have one drink whenever..
1. There's a close-up of the ring
2. Someone draws a sword
3. Someone speaks in elvish (the language of Mordor counts)
4. Merry and/or Pippin do/say something stupid
5. There's a gay look/line/implication between Frodo and Sam
6. Legolas says something poetic or looks off into the distance
7. Gandalf says something wise/mysterious
8. Someone speaks about the Strength of Men or Aragorn's bloodline/future.
9. Out of respect, when a character of importance passes away - SKULL.
10. Whenever Legolas does something kick-arse (can be judged by the participants)
11. Whenever Frodo falls over.
12. Whenever there is an Elf vs. Dwarf moment.
13. At the "Share the Load" moment in the last movie, the person with the least alcohol in their drinking vessel
14. Whenever Smeagol/Gollum says "precious"
must skull that of the person with the most.
And this is for the diehard fans;
If you say a line in time with the movies (correctly) you may allocate 3 drinks.
HOWEVER, if you don't get the line right, say one wrong word etc, you must take 3 drinks.
The first player to pass out/vomit should be made to walk around a heavily populated area dressed as either a hobbit, an elf or Gandalf.
The last one standing/conscious/not vomitting is.. THE LORD OF THE RING.