Please login or register. November 20, 2017, 11:37:04 PM

Author Topic: Skips a beat (remastered)  (Read 1995 times)

Sir Francis

• Man Of Wealth And Taste
  • "I've seen fire and I've seen rain ..."
    • twitter
Skips a beat (remastered)
« on: April 20, 2010, 01:53:07 AM »
Another song I wrote that I remastered and uploaded to youtube ..please comment and rate (both here and there )

The lyrics are in the discription

Skips a beat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3iqK7cUB10
"I won't be told anymore...."
AKA/ artist formally known as Murph

orlyyyy

• Tongue Like A Razor
  • Guns N' Moses - the sequel???
Re: Skips a beat (remastered)
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 07:48:30 AM »
Wow. Murph, you changed it a bit...
I love the lyrics and it's so catchy, I just know I'm gonna humm it all day long :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Quote from: Dj ASHBA™

The chiropractor just popped 3 ribs back into place, re-aligned my body and fixed 4 pinched nerves and then proceeded to tell me "Have a great show, now go break a leg" Ha! WTF?

axls_sweetchild

• It Was A Long Time With Me
  • Got a one way ticket and there's no way out alive
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 05:42:39 PM »
OK Murph...came home for lunch today....so you owe me a dinner...cause I'm spending my lunch hour with you....hold on..gotta get my coffee....."Skips a Beat"...orlyyy has it right...that's a tune you can hum all day...I liked it a
lot...."Girl in my Guitar""...I could not hear the lyrics...your voice was soft...but the music...I liked...you play the guitar really well..."Addict in You"....loved it... two parts I really liked was when you sang about your "insanity"...which I knew was already there.. :unibrow:...and when you talked about her Attitude. "You and Garrett"...I know the story so I found it sad....Kitties....I didn't know where it was going, but once I realized...I thought the song was very nice...how do you write a song about a litter of kitties, ask Murph...he'll tell ya. "November Rain"...GN'R...need I say more...the love of my life....I have to keep that a secret...he's back...I don't know for how long...he beat me down.
If I could go back in time...To a place in my soul, there all alone.....

orlyyyy

• Tongue Like A Razor
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 06:22:51 PM »
^^ erm... you do know the kitty song is not his, right?
But you're right about the other three - he does have a way with words. You should read his poem thread!

The chiropractor just popped 3 ribs back into place, re-aligned my body and fixed 4 pinched nerves and then proceeded to tell me "Have a great show, now go break a leg" Ha! WTF?

Mr Fantasy

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 06:42:38 PM »
Very catchy. Good way with words plus the guitar work is pretty good. Sorta Smashing Pumpkins esque.

How long did it take

Sir Francis

• twitter
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 08:07:16 PM »
thank you all for your awesome comments!!

Wow. Murph, you changed it a bit...
I love the lyrics and it's so catchy, I just know I'm gonna humm it all day long :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
thank you sweetheart  :mwa
OK Murph...came home for lunch today....so you owe me a dinner...cause I'm spending my lunch hour with you....hold on..gotta get my coffee....."Skips a Beat"...orlyyy has it right...that's a tune you can hum all day...I liked it a
lot...."Girl in my Guitar""...I could not hear the lyrics...your voice was soft...but the music...I liked...you play the guitar really well..."Addict in You"....loved it... two parts I really liked was when you sang about your "insanity"...which I knew was already there.. :unibrow:...and when you talked about her Attitude. "You and Garrett"...I know the story so I found it sad....Kitties....I didn't know where it was going, but once I realized...I thought the song was very nice...how do you write a song about a litter of kitties, ask Murph...he'll tell ya. "November Rain"...GN'R...need I say more...the love of my life....I have to keep that a secret...he's back...I don't know for how long...he beat me down.
thank you for watching all the videos...I only wrote those three songs (addict in you, skips a beat, and Girl in my guitar) ... but my favorite video that I have posted is definately The one about my son ...I tear up everytime I watch it..I just wish I had more pictures I could've posted with it :tear: ...but again thank you sweetie..  :mwa
Very catchy. Good way with words plus the guitar work is pretty good. Sorta Smashing Pumpkins esque.

How long did it take
thats song ..(skips a beat) if I remember correctly took a few hours ..once I wrote the music ..(which is a simple 4-5 chords progression (C , Cadd 4, D,G, and Em) the lyrics took around an hour or so... lyrics are always easy for me to write..  :nod: ..again thank you my man!!  :rockon:

axls_sweetchild

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 02:37:52 AM »
^^ erm... you do know the kitty song is not his, right?
But you're right about the other three - he does have a way with words. You should read his poem thread!

Oh my...put your claws away... :lol:...how would I know about the kitties. I forgot to ask.

orlyyyy

• Tongue Like A Razor
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 05:16:34 AM »

Oh my...put your claws away... :lol:...how would I know about the kitties. I forgot to ask.

Oh trust me girl, if my claws were out you'd know they do not go out to play often, so they're ruthless :ninja:
But seriously - I was only making a comment :coffee

axls_sweetchild

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 09:02:47 PM »
Oh trust me girl, if my claws were out you'd know they do not go out to play often, so they're ruthless :ninja:
But seriously - I was only making a comment :coffee

Oh this just isn't working today...to much allergy medicine I believe...orlyyy... ..the post to your post is below....
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 09:10:24 PM by axls_sweetchild »

axls_sweetchild

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 09:08:36 PM »

I see their still out... :lol: :lol: :lol:....ok a misunderstanding... ..I was just joking with you about the claws...didn't think I would be offending you...not my intent.

orlyyyy

• Tongue Like A Razor
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 10:23:30 PM »
Offending me? It's all in good fun! You made a joke and I took it further... Sarcasm doesn't read well ;)

on-topic - every time I read the name of this song, I humm it! (and my heart skips a beat)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 10:31:34 PM by orlyyyy »

axls_sweetchild

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 10:43:01 PM »
Offending me? It's all in good fun! You made a joke and I took it further... Sarcasm doesn't read well ;)

on-topic - every time I read the name of this song, I humm it! (and my heart skips a beat)

:nod: :thumbsup:...thank you.

Sir Francis

• twitter
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 10:47:59 PM »
(and my heart skips a beat)
..... thank you

Mr Fantasy

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2010, 06:29:22 AM »
I want more

orlyyyy

• Tongue Like A Razor
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2010, 06:38:54 AM »
I want more

Me too!

Those three songs are a great tease to what should come next :nod: