Please login or register. April 20, 2014, 12:28:56 PM

Author Topic: GnR live in Tokyo 19th Dec 09 Audio and other media thread  (Read 16390 times)

Moltisanti

• Troubled Heart
Re: GnR live in Tokyo 19th Dec 09 Audio and other media thread
« Reply #240 on: January 01, 2010, 12:30:40 PM »
I dont think "new" is the correct term for the songs off CD-"recently released" is probably more like it,considering most of the songs are from 1999,and even ones cowritten by Buckethead cant be from any later than 2004.

You're right, but i don't think Axl has rehearsed the songs a lot in the recent years.

Catnip

• Beatin' A Dead Horse
« Reply #241 on: January 01, 2010, 12:35:57 PM »
He seems more comfortable with the old stuff... like he's been playing that songs for years, it's completely logical... on the other side, the new songs are new, and some of them quite difficult songs to sing, specially if you don't rehearse on a daily basis (Ashba needs to play the songs more often, like the solos of This I Love and stuff). Axl seems, right, out of breath, which makes sense because he's been out of stage for 2 years and now, all of a sudden, he plays four shows in a week or so and two of them are 3 and a half hours long.

It's like, it's totally an Axl thing: crazy, amazing stuff, lots of drama and things that don't seem to be as right as they could be. It's Axl's life.

Yeah I kind of agree with this, I just listened to the first minute of that Prostitute recording and decided against carrying on...it wasn't pretty. But from some of the stuff we've heard from the recent shows he sounds pretty good so I'm hoping it will be a case of Axl needing to get comfortable with the 'new' stuff.
"That's my story and I'm sticking to it"

The Spaghetti Incident?

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • All those wasted hours we used to know..
« Reply #242 on: January 01, 2010, 12:37:43 PM »
He sounds pretty much the same as it was recorded, how do you expect the song to sound? :hmpf

DeadStorm

• Banned
  • Realtime Visionary
  • We're all just waiting to be slaughtered
« Reply #243 on: January 01, 2010, 01:27:31 PM »
You're right, but i don't think Axl has rehearsed the songs a lot in the recent years.

Sometimes I wonder if he rehearses at all. Or even just sings to keep his voice strong.

Jarm0

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • Everything Axl says is right!!!
« Reply #244 on: January 01, 2010, 07:08:08 PM »
stop insulting Axl everyone, i will cry :tear:

By the way go check this out, its the tokyo show(full)

http://www.newgnr.com/forum/index.php?topic=45540.0
Hi, my name is Jarmo.  Nice to meet you.

facundo_ramirez

• Realtime Visionary
« Reply #245 on: January 05, 2010, 01:54:32 AM »
I really don`t understand some people who say that axl not singing well :finger:my opinion about is this is the best AXl ROSE since 1992/3; he sounds really great!! :bow: and his voice sorprised me so much!! i saw Axl happy!!! powerfull!! :banana and the band is great!! The best Gnr of the last 15 years! and the best Axl Rose!! if you think different i respect but compare axl 2009 with 2006 or 2002..a lot of difference!! so much better!! thnks Guns n roses for back like this!! :) :)