Please login or register. October 23, 2014, 08:53:40 PM

Author Topic: GnR live in Tokyo 19th Dec 09 Audio and other media thread  (Read 17088 times)

Menelaos

• A Classic Case
Re: GnR live in Tokyo 19th Dec 09 Audio and other media thread
« Reply #225 on: January 01, 2010, 06:09:16 AM »
I agree with that. Not all people sing like Freddy Mercury though!  :D

The Spaghetti Incident?

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • All those wasted hours we used to know..
« Reply #226 on: January 01, 2010, 06:33:10 AM »
LOL at all the trolls that think they're freeing the fanboys of their prejudice by raging on the web about how realist they are and how they can see things for how they truly are.

Hey boys, I'm going to sign up to a Jon Bon Jovi forum just to be a pain in the arse, my time of day is not worth using on productive activities, so that is where I'll spend it! :bow:

<- Blase fan #1 before you jump the 'fanboy' gun.

jtogs

• Banned
  • Bedouin
« Reply #227 on: January 01, 2010, 06:47:08 AM »
LOL at all the trolls that think they're freeing the fanboys of their prejudice by raging on the web about how realist they are and how they can see things for how they truly are.

Hey boys, I'm going to sign up to a Jon Bon Jovi forum just to be a pain in the arse, my time of day is not worth using on productive activities, so that is where I'll spend it! :bow:

<- Blase fan #1 before you jump the 'fanboy' gun.

i love you
always have from afar
and always will

happy new year my hair metal hero!!!!

The Spaghetti Incident?

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
« Reply #228 on: January 01, 2010, 06:50:18 AM »
Just sayin' man.

Don't take criticism as bashing. It's integral to personal growth :smirk:

Gilmour doesn't really sport hair anymore my frand.

jtogs

• Banned
  • Bedouin
« Reply #229 on: January 01, 2010, 06:52:15 AM »

Don't take criticism as bashing. It's integral to personal growth :smirk:

indeed

The Spaghetti Incident?

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
« Reply #230 on: January 01, 2010, 07:01:35 AM »
I know you won't like this comment man, but he sounds pretty good to me on those audios. You're right about unreliable, unprofessional, lazy, blase etc. etc. but you gotta take the good while it's there you know that more than anyone! :lol:

Seems to have finally gotten an edge to his voice again, something has lit a fire under his ass and he's starting to get personal with fans. So he isn't that asshole atop an ivory tower anymore.

Good signs yeah?

jtogs

• Banned
  • Bedouin
« Reply #231 on: January 01, 2010, 07:08:57 AM »
I know you won't like this comment man, but he sounds pretty good to me on those audios. You're right about unreliable, unprofessional, lazy, blase etc. etc. but you gotta take the good while it's there you know that more than anyone! :lol:

Seems to have finally gotten an edge to his voice again, something has lit a fire under his ass and he's starting to get personal with fans. So he isn't that asshole atop an ivory tower anymore.

Good signs yeah?

im with you 100%
and really hope for the best....

at times, his voice has been killer...others not so much...i know it's great that they are playing these long shows but maybe it's not such a good idea...i do love that they are playing all of cd...(where was riad though?)...that is what they should be doing...play the new stuff..let the new band shine...mix in a few oldies but get away from playing the whole afd every night.....we fans want to follow the band into the future and the way to do that is to play the new stuff

TOXIE

• Beatin' A Dead Horse
« Reply #232 on: January 01, 2010, 08:54:07 AM »
im with you 100%
and really hope for the best....

at times, his voice has been killer...others not so much...i know it's great that they are playing these long shows but maybe it's not such a good idea...i do love that they are playing all of cd...(where was riad though?)...that is what they should be doing...play the new stuff..let the new band shine...mix in a few oldies but get away from playing the whole afd every night.....we fans want to follow the band into the future and the way to do that is to play the new stuff

:O  :thumbsup: Nice post

1inamillion

• Kneeling Fucking Virgin
« Reply #233 on: January 01, 2010, 12:00:12 PM »
The new record has songs that are very difficult to sing live!Good or Bad i love the CD.As for the dude "BAD MOUTHING AXLS VOCALS" You are a complete idiot! Have you not seen Nightrain Donnington which happen to be the 22nd song of a 22 song set by a 47yo PIMP! you piece of shit go rot in hell!

Moltisanti

• Troubled Heart
« Reply #234 on: January 01, 2010, 12:00:38 PM »
He seems more comfortable with the old stuff... like he's been playing that songs for years, it's completely logical... on the other side, the new songs are new, and some of them quite difficult songs to sing, specially if you don't rehearse on a daily basis (Ashba needs to play the songs more often, like the solos of This I Love and stuff). Axl seems, right, out of breath, which makes sense because he's been out of stage for 2 years and now, all of a sudden, he plays four shows in a week or so and two of them are 3 and a half hours long.

It's like, it's totally an Axl thing: crazy, amazing stuff, lots of drama and things that don't seem to be as right as they could be. It's Axl's life.

abaraxas

• Very Old At Heart
  • Arch Faggot
« Reply #235 on: January 01, 2010, 12:15:55 PM »
I dont think "new" is the correct term for the songs off CD-"recently released" is probably more like it,considering most of the songs are from 1999,and even ones cowritten by Buckethead cant be from any later than 2004.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 12:17:46 PM by abaraxas »
Humanary Stew

Moltisanti

• Troubled Heart
« Reply #236 on: January 01, 2010, 12:30:40 PM »
I dont think "new" is the correct term for the songs off CD-"recently released" is probably more like it,considering most of the songs are from 1999,and even ones cowritten by Buckethead cant be from any later than 2004.

You're right, but i don't think Axl has rehearsed the songs a lot in the recent years.

Catnip

• Beatin' A Dead Horse
« Reply #237 on: January 01, 2010, 12:35:57 PM »
He seems more comfortable with the old stuff... like he's been playing that songs for years, it's completely logical... on the other side, the new songs are new, and some of them quite difficult songs to sing, specially if you don't rehearse on a daily basis (Ashba needs to play the songs more often, like the solos of This I Love and stuff). Axl seems, right, out of breath, which makes sense because he's been out of stage for 2 years and now, all of a sudden, he plays four shows in a week or so and two of them are 3 and a half hours long.

It's like, it's totally an Axl thing: crazy, amazing stuff, lots of drama and things that don't seem to be as right as they could be. It's Axl's life.

Yeah I kind of agree with this, I just listened to the first minute of that Prostitute recording and decided against carrying on...it wasn't pretty. But from some of the stuff we've heard from the recent shows he sounds pretty good so I'm hoping it will be a case of Axl needing to get comfortable with the 'new' stuff.
"That's my story and I'm sticking to it"

The Spaghetti Incident?

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
« Reply #238 on: January 01, 2010, 12:37:43 PM »
He sounds pretty much the same as it was recorded, how do you expect the song to sound? :hmpf

DeadStorm

• Banned
  • Realtime Visionary
  • We're all just waiting to be slaughtered
« Reply #239 on: January 01, 2010, 01:27:31 PM »
You're right, but i don't think Axl has rehearsed the songs a lot in the recent years.

Sometimes I wonder if he rehearses at all. Or even just sings to keep his voice strong.