Please login or register. October 23, 2014, 07:47:50 AM

Author Topic: GnR live in Tokyo 19th Dec 09 Audio and other media thread  (Read 17085 times)

jtogs

• Banned
  • Bedouin
Re: GnR live in Tokyo 19th Dec 09 Audio and other media thread
« Reply #210 on: December 31, 2009, 11:12:04 PM »
Absolutely correct, well said, n jtogs, you havent got a clue. Go Elsewhere  :coffee

....hahaha, i'll go elsewhere just because lil fanboy told me to!!!!

just like axl, his fanboys can't take criticism

i always forget on the gnr boards that you have to act like axl is the bestest ever!!!
he never makes mistakes and everything he says is gospel....

and all the fanboy arguments are always so well thought out....."stop hating my axy waxy!!!" boo-hoo

TOXIE

• Beatin' A Dead Horse
« Reply #211 on: January 01, 2010, 12:02:19 AM »
No one said he never makes mistakes. You are just a dickhead  :finger:

jtogs

• Banned
  • Bedouin
« Reply #212 on: January 01, 2010, 12:05:31 AM »

ahhh, i love how it always turns into personal insults....

just can't handle the truth it seems so it turns into an attack....oh so typical and oh so sad....

and a happy new year to you!!!!!!!!

jtogs

• Banned
  • Bedouin
« Reply #213 on: January 01, 2010, 12:08:28 AM »

axy waxy makes mistakes???!!!!

how dare you sir???

he is perfect!!!!
the best singer god has ever created...the best frontman ever!!
the most professional of all!!!

are you a hater?

FieldRose

• So The Little Got More And More
« Reply #214 on: January 01, 2010, 12:11:53 AM »
Axl has never sounded good live. He is a singer that has more off nights than on nights.

Age has nothing to do with it. There is many singers in and out of the rock scene that are older than Axl and sing better than him.

Why are you even here?  :hmpf

People donĀ“t have to agree on everything in here. This is a forum and last time I checked it was for discussion whether you agree or disagree and not jump on somebody if he doesnt think that everything that Axl touches is gold.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

"Once you stop caring, nothing can stop you. Your problem is you give a shit. Trust me." - CM Punk

chainsmoker

• Used To Do A Little
« Reply #215 on: January 01, 2010, 12:34:15 AM »
Sometimes Axl sounds good, sometimes Axl sounds shit live.

He's never fucking boring though.

IsaiahBerlin

• Beatin' A Dead Horse
« Reply #216 on: January 01, 2010, 01:46:03 AM »
no, i'm a realist and not someone who thinks that everything axl does is "omg, the best thing i ever heard in the history of the world ever and ever, omg!!"

and i've seen em live in every incarnation...from 1988-2006 so i can speak from first hand experience
and before you get your panties in a wad, i'm not a "hater"...i'm someone who listens without prejudice...somethi ng "fans" don't always do...it is ok to be a fan and not think everything that the band you like is the most awesome thing ever...criticism is healthy and it pushes the artist or band to be better

realism is not welcomed here dude... most of the people in this forum are biased fanboys, and cant stand any criticism to axl. i listened to all the tokyo songs and axl s performance was terrible in most of the songs!! for example his "this i love" performance is one of the worst performances i ever heard from a pro rock n roll vocalist. however the fanboys here give you the most stupid reasons: his mic was fucked up, britney spears also is a bad vocalist, he is old (47 is old?), you are a hater.....

if you want to survive in this forum you must say "axl is god", anything beyond this is not tolerated...
Timless rules,Rigidly imposed,Will always end in blood.

jtogs

• Banned
  • Bedouin
« Reply #217 on: January 01, 2010, 02:01:59 AM »
realism is not welcomed here dude... most of the people in this forum are biased fanboys, and cant stand any criticism to axl. i listened to all the tokyo songs and axl s performance was terrible in most of the songs!! for example his "this i love" performance is one of the worst performances i ever heard from a pro rock n roll vocalist. however the fanboys here give you the most stupid reasons: his mic was fucked up, britney spears also is a bad vocalist, he is old (47 is old?), you are a hater.....

if you want to survive in this forum you must say "axl is god", anything beyond this is not tolerated...

haha i hear ya man....i've been around the forums enough to know...it just boggles my mind ... i don't get it
i love the countless excuses....they are endless and get more ridiculous and away from the point the more they talk...

it doesn't make me any less of a fan if i criticize but fanboys don't get that...

jtogs

• Banned
  • Bedouin
« Reply #218 on: January 01, 2010, 02:09:49 AM »

i agree with this i love...catcher in the rye was brutal as was scraped and if the world...

i honestly have never heard someone have such terrible performances consistently as him....

oh wait...axl is god!!.....*ninja*

abaraxas

• Very Old At Heart
  • Arch Faggot
« Reply #219 on: January 01, 2010, 05:21:57 AM »
Its not Axls fault he is a breathless,fat old guy ( ;))
As someone mentioned earlier-Britney Spears is a bad vocalist!
Case Closed
A
Humanary Stew

DeadStorm

• Banned
  • Realtime Visionary
  • We're all just waiting to be slaughtered
« Reply #220 on: January 01, 2010, 05:56:07 AM »

Yeah dude I totally feel that. You can't question a single aspect of anything dealing with Axl on most forums but on the flip side...if Slash makes any music its shit and he's a terrible guitarist, except for the stuff he did in GNR.  :rolleyes:

I'm a GNR fan, including Axl but come on the guys less than perfect, he's mid level vocalist at best just in the studio. In a Live setting he is in Vince Neil territory.

Menelaos

• A Classic Case
« Reply #221 on: January 01, 2010, 06:00:14 AM »
Yeah dude I totally feel that. You can't question a single aspect of anything dealing with Axl on most forums but on the flip side...if Slash makes any music its shit and he's a terrible guitarist, except for the stuff he did in GNR.  :rolleyes:

I'm a GNR fan, including Axl but come on the guys less than perfect, he's mid level vocalist at best just in the studio. In a Live setting he is in Vince Neil territory.

I wouldn't get to post a reply in this thread again, but this is totally unacceptable. You know the bold ones are not correct. Just as I told to jtogs in private, you can bash Axl for many things, including many of his live performances (eg. Prostitute in Tokyo). HOWEVER, there's no way in hell you could say he's a "mid level vocalist at best just in the studio". There's no way in hell you could say that.

DeadStorm

• Banned
  • Realtime Visionary
« Reply #222 on: January 01, 2010, 06:02:57 AM »
Well IMO he sounds too ragged like his voice is kinda blown out in the studio, not raspy, just ragged. This is esp. noticeable on UYI I and CD.

Menelaos

• A Classic Case
« Reply #223 on: January 01, 2010, 06:05:34 AM »
Do you mean he's straining too much?

DeadStorm

• Banned
  • Realtime Visionary
« Reply #224 on: January 01, 2010, 06:07:59 AM »
Do you mean he's straining too much?

Actually yes. Rather than singing he strains, even when not going for a high note. Its almost like he's trying to force rasp in there. Just not something a top flight vocalist does IMO.