Please login or register. June 27, 2017, 08:06:39 PM

Author Topic: President Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize  (Read 9992 times)

axls_sweetchild

• It Was A Long Time With Me
  • Got a one way ticket and there's no way out alive
Re: President Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2009, 03:23:25 AM »
Ronws...your right. I heard it today.I am not a real political person. But i'm learning. Why then did they make such a big deal over something that was only half done.....oh.....is the senate the republicans? just say that it is, and then the democrats can blame them for it not passing. The good ole U.S.A....ya gotta love it and the games they play.  :argh
If I could go back in time...To a place in my soul, there all alone.....

ronws

• A Classic Case
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2009, 03:48:28 AM »
Ronws...your right. I heard it today.I am not a real political person. But i'm learning. Why then did they make such a big deal over something that was only half done.....oh.....is the senate the republicans? just say that it is, and then the democrats can blame them for it not passing. The good ole U.S.A....ya gotta love it and the games they play.  :argh

The Senate has 60 dems and 40 repubs. So, the dems have a senate majority in partisan. But that doesn't mean that all dems will vote the party line. Some are conservative in nature (who are called "blue dogs.") If enough dems who have already stated that they will not pass the bill live up to that, then repubs can filibuster the bill to death, blocking up the passage of everything else.

As for the big deal, it is hoped to gain momentum by saying that it is a fait accompli, why fight it, we win, etc.
"Don't put the bodies in the wishing well ..." - Janie Lane (RIP)

SLCPUNK

• Realtime Visionary
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2009, 06:12:40 AM »
Unless, of course, Hawaii decides to actually release Obama's full birth certificate (which they have not and that is a stone cold fact) and it turns out he was ineligible.

They are under no Constitutional requirements to do so. Obama has met the requirements set forth by the COTUS to prove his citizenship and that is all that is required.

If I stood outside your home and claimed you were crazy unless you could prove otherwise, would it prove anything? Who in their right mind would address such a claim, or look to find ways to validate their sanity? The one making the assertion is the one to bring the proof forward, not the other way around. So far, nothing has been brought forward except forgeries. At this point the birth certificate has been verified by the REPUBLICAN governor of that state. What else would you like? Furthermore copies are readily available on the internet and have been shown on various 24/7 new outlets.

SLCPUNK

• Realtime Visionary
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2009, 06:16:11 AM »
Ronws...your right. I heard it today.I am not a real political person. But i'm learning. Why then did they make such a big deal over something that was only half done.....

Why? Because it was the biggest step towards health care reform in this country for decades, that's why. Don't let Ron sell you on the insignificance of it, he's dead wrong. I'd be worried if the Dems walked lockstep without negotiating a final bill. It's a complex issue and needs to be discussed and picked through with a fine took comb. Nobody in their right mind (no pun intended) is going to agree on everything all the time. The GOP did that for eight years and look how it left this country.

nfan12

• Gets More Pussy Than Mick Wall
    • A Little Mixed Up
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2009, 05:31:11 AM »
I think they gave Obama the Prize a bit too early. You never know that he might become the Anti-Christ after this.
I'm Just A Geordie In Wonderland...

*Part of the Seely And Nfan12 Facepalm Society*
--Down With U.F.I! Federation--

Palisades

• Kneeling Fucking Virgin
  • still hittin' them corners in them low-lows girl
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2015, 04:45:55 AM »
das mah nigga right there, fly as fuqq