Please login or register. August 23, 2017, 02:53:23 PM

Author Topic: President Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize  (Read 10406 times)

Mr Fantasy

• Man Of Wealth And Taste
Re: President Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2009, 01:07:32 AM »
I think what is most telling is that selections are made in February, less than a month after Obama was inaugurated. It's political.

It's unjust, immoral but most of all stupid

Dr. Jack Daniels

• All Geared Up
  • Psychiatrist with a ph.D in Awesome
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2009, 01:31:32 AM »
It's unjust, immoral but most of all stupid

HERE HERE!  :nod:
This is simply a revenge mission by the US on Libya.  This will teach them a lesson for attacking Doc Emmett Brown in Back to the Future....... Damn Libyans

smoothie illusion

• Man Of Wealth And Taste
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2009, 04:59:08 AM »
Yes, in form of my dick in your ass :unibrow:

rather it be a fist. 

ronws

• A Classic Case
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2009, 12:57:12 AM »
"Don't put the bodies in the wishing well ..." - Janie Lane (RIP)

axls_sweetchild

• It Was A Long Time With Me
  • Got a one way ticket and there's no way out alive
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2009, 01:24:17 AM »
as an american....i am very proud of our president......the best in a long long long long long time :nod:
If I could go back in time...To a place in my soul, there all alone.....

axls_sweetchild

« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2009, 01:28:00 AM »
Lets face it though, they are doing this as a token. They want him to actually deliver on his promises, so I think that's why they've done this. I mean, he has been dropping bombs, but that's a legacy he's inherited. At least he's actually talked with Russia and tried to build bridges instead of sitting there with his fingers in his ears pretending Mr putin doesn't exist.

i agree with you...actually he has accomplished quite a bit....health bill got first pass...that's a first...."we will extend a hand if you unclinch your fist"...love that quote....i think he means it.

axls_sweetchild

« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2009, 01:39:42 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I love Obama, I would take him above any of our politicians, but yeah this was premature.

you'll have to take that up with the Norwegians.....o'bama wasn't pleased either.

ronws

• A Classic Case
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2009, 02:49:54 AM »
Einstein won a Physics Nobel award for a little known article he wrote on space light when he should have received the Nobel for his Theory of Relativity which changed the way in which we see everything in the universe, and most important, it defied Newton's laws of gravity   :bow:

Actually, no. Einstein's General Theory of Relativity, an offspring of Special Theory, didn't exactly refute Newton's Principia Mechanica. He just found a different way to describe the same effect because of a problem he ran into with the Special Theory. In defending the Special Theory, he said that light was a massless particle. If light was a massless particle, then why was it affected by the gravity exhibited by an object, as evidenced by the way light behaves during an eclipse. This led him to concoct the General Theory, which was a resurrection of the aether theory, even though Einstein himself said an aether doesn't exist, based on the results of the Michelson-Morley Experiment, which had originally led him to concoct the Special Theory. Basically, no matter which way he stepped, he was biting himself in the ass. He did it to himself again in Quantum mechanics when he, Podolsky, and Rosen, theorized the result of the conservation of mass and energy in QM in an exercise called the EPR Event, named after the 3 guys. Essentially, an electron has a quantity called spin, up or down, for clarity's sake. As an instrument is brought near to observe an electron, the EM field of the instrument will align the nearest electron up, for example. In conservation, the electron on the other side of the orbit must have the opposite spin, to maintain equilibrium. This balancing of spin happens simultaneously, regardless of the size of the atom, thereby violating Einstein's Special Theory of Relativity, wherein he stated that nothing could travel faster than the speed of light.

Einstein disproved himself better than anyone could hoped to do.

Monique

• All Geared Up
  • Caffeine freak
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2009, 04:05:18 AM »
Actually, no. Einstein's General Theory of Relativity, an offspring of Special Theory, didn't exactly refute Newton's Principia Mechanica. He just found a different way to describe the same effect because of a problem he ran into with the Special Theory. In defending the Special Theory, he said that light was a massless particle. If light was a massless particle, then why was it affected by the gravity exhibited by an object, as evidenced by the way light behaves during an eclipse. This led him to concoct the General Theory, which was a resurrection of the aether theory, even though Einstein himself said an aether doesn't exist, based on the results of the Michelson-Morley Experiment, which had originally led him to concoct the Special Theory. Basically, no matter which way he stepped, he was biting himself in the ass. He did it to himself again in Quantum mechanics when he, Podolsky, and Rosen, theorized the result of the conservation of mass and energy in QM in an exercise called the EPR Event, named after the 3 guys. Essentially, an electron has a quantity called spin, up or down, for clarity's sake. As an instrument is brought near to observe an electron, the EM field of the instrument will align the nearest electron up, for example. In conservation, the electron on the other side of the orbit must have the opposite spin, to maintain equilibrium. This balancing of spin happens simultaneously, regardless of the size of the atom, thereby violating Einstein's Special Theory of Relativity, wherein he stated that nothing could travel faster than the speed of light.

Einstein disproved himself better than anyone could hoped to do.

Shit! is going to take me a week to rebut your post but I'll do it!  ;)

russkwtx

• Tongue Like A Razor
  • I don't really care
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2009, 04:20:46 AM »
All the discussion in the world ain't taking it away. The award is a reaction to the Bush years of stupidity and repression of humanity. The world is so happy that USA has moved on and shown an ounce of good judgment. It may not last, so enjoy the honor of a US president having this prestigious award while you can. The world liking the US is a big deal, and good news, so we need to appreciate the good news while we can. Unlike the last 8 years under George W.
GNR: 7 times, VR: 4 times, Slash solo: 2 times, all the other bands I've seen don't matter.

ronws

• A Classic Case
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2009, 05:57:43 PM »
All the discussion in the world ain't taking it away. The award is a reaction to the Bush years of stupidity and repression of humanity. The world is so happy that USA has moved on and shown an ounce of good judgment. It may not last, so enjoy the honor of a US president having this prestigious award while you can. The world liking the US is a big deal, and good news, so we need to appreciate the good news while we can. Unlike the last 8 years under George W.

Again, good for Obama getting the award, though it may be premature. But, Russ, your statement seems to take away from the glory of the Messiah Obama. In this statement, you say the giving of the reward is in reaction to sentiment against Bush. Thing is, you may be right on that. In which case, Obama didn't earn it, other than by being someone other than Bush. That is, he did not earn it on merit, he earned it because the american electoral college came up with a result that a number of people, including the Nobel Prize panel, liked.

In other words, I am inclined to agree with you that the award may have been given as a knee-jerk reaction against Bush. And, with your words stated, it takes away from what could have been meritorious of Obama.

checkmate ... :mwa

axls_sweetchild

« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2009, 03:08:55 AM »

Ya hit the nail right on the head. We were down so low that we couldn't do anything but improve our situation. Time will tell if the Pres can do "all" he said he would. But...he did jump in with both feet......... Shook hands with people that none others have, welcomed allies that Bush pushed away...etc....takin g a great deal of heat for not sending more troops into battle until he has done all his homework..... :nod:

ronws

• A Classic Case
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2009, 09:55:35 PM »

Ya hit the nail right on the head. We were down so low that we couldn't do anything but improve our situation. Time will tell if the Pres can do "all" he said he would. But...he did jump in with both feet......... Shook hands with people that none others have, welcomed allies that Bush pushed away...etc....takin g a great deal of heat for not sending more troops into battle until he has done all his homework..... :nod:

Again, you second the lesser accomplishment of Obama's Nobel Prize. By saying that we were so far down with Bush that we couldn't go anywhere but up. So, Obama's merit for the award is that he is not Bush. Donald Duck could have won the award, for all that matters, since he is also not Bush. I would rather have seen Obama receive it for something he has done. But, alas, the choices were made in February, approximately one month after inauguration. And Obama hasn't done anything, yet.

And the troops that are in Afghanistan right now are dying because they don't have enough soldiers there, backing them up. Either admit defeat and pull us out of there, or ramp it up and let us finish the job. "Taking heat" for not sending more troops over there is not commendable. It is costing lives and makes Obama look indecisive.

Here's what is funny. You and others may applaud Obama not sending troops. Never mind what the Taliban does to its citizens. But I have seen some knock-down wars of words here over the line-up of a rock and roll band. That's convenient.

axls_sweetchild

« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2009, 04:05:09 AM »
Last night President O'Bama's heathcare bill passed . A 1st for America. So he makes history again.   :banana

ronws

• A Classic Case
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2009, 02:32:33 AM »
Last night President O'Bama's heathcare bill passed . A 1st for America. So he makes history again.   :banana

It only passed in the House. It still has to go through the Senate. Traditionally, you can pass anything in the House and it is usually tougher to pass the Senate. As long as it drags out until next year, we can still defeat it. A number of House and Senate seats are up for election in 2010. And I will be voting against anyone who even thought about giving support to this bill. Virginia is a taste of things to come. Obama won from lots of independents who are now tired of the bitter taste he has given them and they will swing the other way and their reps and sens will have to deal with it or be out of a job, period, paragraph, new book. And in 2012, we can fix the mistake that was made last year. Unless, of course, Hawaii decides to actually release Obama's full birth certificate (which they have not and that is a stone cold fact) and it turns out he was ineligible. In which case, he should be removed and we either have an emergency election or fall on succession to VP Biden.