Please login or register. October 21, 2017, 02:45:34 PM

Author Topic: President Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize  (Read 10605 times)

Dr. Jack Daniels

• All Geared Up
  • Psychiatrist with a ph.D in Awesome
Re: President Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2009, 01:37:52 AM »
closed guantanimo bay

Nice try. It's still open:rolleyes:
This is simply a revenge mission by the US on Libya.  This will teach them a lesson for attacking Doc Emmett Brown in Back to the Future....... Damn Libyans

chezequerz

• Man Of Wealth And Taste
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2009, 01:45:10 AM »

Nice try. It's still open:rolleyes:

hmm that couldda been done in a month the media here made it sound like it had been done.

then nothing at all that has filtered through to my eyes and ears
Apparently a new Amy Winehouse 'Greatest Hits' collection is coming out, but the tinfoil and spoons aren't included.

Dr. Jack Daniels

• All Geared Up
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2009, 02:06:20 AM »
hmm that couldda been done in a month the media here made it sound like it had been done.

then nothing at all that has filtered through to my eyes and ears

Don't trust the Media. They may seem like they're your friend, but they're not. All mainstream media is in the tank for Obama. They won't run any story that will hurt him or prove he's an idiot.
This is simply a revenge mission by the US on Libya.  This will teach them a lesson for attacking Doc Emmett Brown in Back to the Future....... Damn Libyans

smoothie illusion

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2009, 02:42:33 AM »
I woke up this morning....  can i have a prize too?

Max_Power

• Very Old At Heart
  • ;)
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2009, 03:21:20 AM »
Yes, in form of my dick in your ass :unibrow:
i dunno

rds.06

• Gets More Pussy Than Mick Wall
  • "I'm Melting"
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2009, 03:27:05 AM »
Great prize
clean your ears...Nickelback's guitar work is awesome.

Justin5150

• NewGNR Crew!
  • I'm going to mod all over your tits
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2009, 10:40:11 AM »
In my opinion, Morgan Tsvangarai (I hope I spelt that right) deserved this much more than Obama. Even in the face of tyranny, he refused to be bullied by that coward Mugabe and his henchmen. His supporters took beating's in the streets and yet he never gave up. What a hero. :rockon:
LEAVE IT OUH!!!

chezequerz

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2009, 12:02:23 PM »
In my opinion, Morgan Tsvangarai (I hope I spelt that right) deserved this much more than Obama. Even in the face of tyranny, he refused to be bullied by that coward Mugabe and his henchmen. His supporters took beating's in the streets and yet he never gave up. What a hero. :rockon:

dude you're totally right

especially since he can't move back there and had to run for the election from another country just to be safe from being attacked.
Apparently a new Amy Winehouse 'Greatest Hits' collection is coming out, but the tinfoil and spoons aren't included.

Justin5150

• NewGNR Crew!
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2009, 12:12:42 PM »
dude you're totally right

especially since he can't move back there and had to run for the election from another country just to be safe from being attacked.

He suffered so much at the hands of the Zanu-PF. The more I think about it, the more Obama doesn't really deserve this award. :smirk:
LEAVE IT OUH!!!

ronws

• A Classic Case
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2009, 12:16:24 PM »
Many have felt that this award was premature and that others have done more heroic things than say "Yes, we can" or call Joe the Plumber stupid. When we say that, we get accused of "hating" Obama and not being supportive of the office of President.
"Don't put the bodies in the wishing well ..." - Janie Lane (RIP)

Justin5150

• NewGNR Crew!
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2009, 12:17:28 PM »
Many have felt that this award was premature and that others have done more heroic things than say "Yes, we can" or call Joe the Plumber stupid. When we say that, we get accused of "hating" Obama and not being supportive of the office of President.

Don't get me wrong, I love Obama, I would take him above any of our politicians, but yeah this was premature.
LEAVE IT OUH!!!

Dr. Jack Daniels

• All Geared Up
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2009, 08:20:53 PM »

Well, I hate Obama and don't support him.......Can I get a noble prize?  :disgust:

Monique

• All Geared Up
  • Caffeine freak
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2009, 11:20:06 PM »
the nobel peace prize means nothing, it's like rock and roll hall of fame in the respect that at some point they may have been a just and fair system but now it's just an overrated popularity contest making a nobel peace prize about equal to being the top of FHM's hottest woman picture on top of car.

I agree to an extent. The Nobel peace prize is overrated and doesn't mean much, especially if you bear in mind that Alfred Nobel came up with that award after felling guilty for inventing the T.N.T. explosive. However, Nobel science awards are very prestigious and have been given to the greatest minds in Chemistry and Physics in the last two centuries. Although some people deserved so much more: Einstein won a Physics Nobel award for a little known article he wrote on space light when he should have received the Nobel for his Theory of Relativity which changed the way in which we see everything in the universe, and most important, it defied Newton's laws of gravity   :bow:

paolo

• Won't Be Told Anymore
    • http://www.yahoo.com
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2009, 01:28:57 AM »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33237202/ns/politics-white_house?GT1=43001

‘Humbled’ Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize
Committee says president gives world’s people ‘hope for a better future’
 Video

OSLO, Norway - President Barack Obama won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize on Friday in a stunning decision designed to encourage his initiatives to reduce nuclear arms, ease tensions with the Muslim world and stress diplomacy and cooperation rather than unilateralism.

Nobel observers were shocked by the unexpected choice so early in the Obama presidency, which began less than two weeks before the Feb. 1 nomination deadline.

White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said Obama woke up to the news a little before 6 a.m. EDT. The White House had no immediate comment on the announcement, which took the administration by surprise.

What did Obama actually do?? say there's hope?? ok ya, he has done that, but i don't think he fucking deserves this at all. it's way too premature to give him this ....for a guy that has fucking done SHIT but only give hope!!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 01:31:21 AM by paolo »

ronws

• A Classic Case
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2009, 01:04:53 AM »
I think what is most telling is that selections are made in February, less than a month after Obama was inaugurated. It's political.
"Don't put the bodies in the wishing well ..." - Janie Lane (RIP)