Please login or register. April 26, 2017, 04:59:11 AM

Author Topic: buckethead appreciation thread  (Read 6412 times)

brian carroll

• Used To Do A Little
  • bring back buckethead!!!
buckethead appreciation thread
« on: June 03, 2009, 10:12:45 PM »
this place is dead right now so we should all bow down to god  :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

eusis

• A Classic Case
  • Who's Joe?
Re: buckethead appreciation thread
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 02:42:53 AM »
 :disgust:
................... ...........I ♥ ROd................ .............. spreadin' out our wings in vain, fillin' up the spaces

brian carroll

• Used To Do A Little
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 11:05:38 AM »
 :finger:

pawnshop-guitars

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • Time for a gin?
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 12:21:26 PM »
Although I am disheartened by the loss of Cheryl...Apollo Creed is AWESOME :banana

And if you wanna see god:

:bow:

Although I do like Bucket as well :smoking:
I think it is high time for a bit of class around here, don't you?

fan

• It Was A Long Time With Me
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 12:37:31 PM »
I like Buckethead, he's an amazing guitar player and he definitely contributed a lot to the sound of Chinese Democracy.

But it's weird he's praised among new GN'R fans so much considering he left Guns N'Roses before they could pull off Rock In Rio 2004 gig and even Axl himself said that he secured a contract for Buckethead while he only used his participation in GN'R to bump his solo career  :paranoid:
The band is just fantastic, that is really what I think
Oh by the way, which one's Pink?

June 4th 2006 - Gods of Metal Festival (Milan, Italy)
September 24th 2010 - Zagreb Arena (Zagreb, Croatia)

brian carroll

• Used To Do A Little
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 01:20:05 PM »
Although I am disheartened by the loss of Cheryl...Apollo Creed is AWESOME :banana

And if you wanna see god:

:bow:

Although I do like Bucket as well :smoking:

don't worry, cheryl will be back, i just don't want people to get bored of her. izzy fucking rocks too.  :bow:

brian carroll

• Used To Do A Little
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 01:25:46 PM »
I like Buckethead, he's an amazing guitar player and he definitely contributed a lot to the sound of Chinese Democracy.

But it's weird he's praised among new GN'R fans so much considering he left Guns N'Roses before they could pull off Rock In Rio 2004 gig and even Axl himself said that he secured a contract for Buckethead while he only used his participation in GN'R to bump his solo career  :paranoid:
i just love his work for GNR and his solo work, also he,s the coolest fucking guy ever.

fuckethead

• Beatin' A Dead Horse
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 04:39:44 PM »
Are you fucking serious....another one. Look Buckethead is a great guitar player, but you know what theres lots of those. This guy doesnt belong in Guns N Roses ...(well when it used to be a band anyway) no more then I do. He is a fucking novelty act. He does not belong in a serious rock n roll band. This chicken head mother fucker should go play in primus and make people laugh and do what ever he does and stay the fuck away from guns n roses....the used to be most dangerous band in the world. Why cant people just see that while he can play fast and has both hand son the fret board and he has a "kill switch" (big fucking deal by the way) that Izzy Stradlin can write circle around this douche bad. If you gave him the end section to November Rain, before Slash made it legendary and we got to hear what he would have wrote for it. It would have been a mis-mash of 5000 notes showing off how fast he is and it would have been forgotten quicker then Chinese Democracy. Thanks to Slash and Izzy and the rest of the original band we can at least still get to talk about and remember the worlds greatest rock band.

Fuck you Buckethead.
Fit to burn...

Bluelion

• Old At Heart
  • Oh, I paid the price...
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 04:43:08 PM »
Are you fucking serious....another one. Look Buckethead is a great guitar player, but you know what theres lots of those. This guy doesnt belong in Guns N Roses ...(well when it used to be a band anyway) no more then I do. He is a fucking novelty act. He does not belong in a serious rock n roll band. This chicken head mother fucker should go play in primus and make people laugh and do what ever he does and stay the fuck away from guns n roses....the used to be most dangerous band in the world. Why cant people just see that while he can play fast and has both hand son the fret board and he has a "kill switch" (big fucking deal by the way) that Izzy Stradlin can write circle around this douche bad. If you gave him the end section to November Rain, before Slash made it legendary and we got to hear what he would have wrote for it. It would have been a mis-mash of 5000 notes showing off how fast he is and it would have been forgotten quicker then Chinese Democracy. Thanks to Slash and Izzy and the rest of the original band we can at least still get to talk about and remember the worlds greatest rock band.

Fuck you Buckethead.

:coffee  Quite done yet?
An empty shell seems so easy to crack.
Got all these questions.
Don't know who I could even ask.
So I'll just lie alone and wait for the dream.
Where I'm not ugly and you're looking at me.

seely

• Old At Heart
  • Sad fools.
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 05:53:14 PM »
*Appreciates*  :bow: :bow: :bow:
Reading Festival 27.08.2010
Leeds Festival 29.08.2010
Nottingham Captial FM Arena 19.05.2012
Birmingham LG Arena 26.05.2012

brian carroll

• Used To Do A Little
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 06:18:33 PM »

Fuck you Buckethead.

he is not a novelty act he is the most talented guitarist guns n roses have ever had. and when you talk about this 5000 note pish it just showsthat you clearly haven't listened to albums like colma, electric tears population ovveride etc.  :finger:

pawnshop-guitars

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • Time for a gin?
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009, 06:38:19 PM »

Fuck you Buckethead.

Ja ja, Bucket is a freak. But he's an amazing guitarist! Axl put skills above image for his new GnR, and I think it worked really well for the direction he went in. Chinese wouldn't be half the album it is if it wasn't for the Bucket.

But yeah, I prefer Izzy and Slash, personally :smoking:

brian carroll

• Used To Do A Little
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2009, 06:40:01 PM »
Ja ja, Bucket is a freak. But he's an amazing guitarist! Axl put skills above image for his new GnR, and I think it worked really well for the direction he went in. Chinese wouldn't be half the album it is if it wasn't for the Bucket.

But yeah, I prefer Izzy and Slash, personally :smoking:

i admit that buckethead is a freak, but a good freak and a very talented freak.

pawnshop-guitars

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • Time for a gin?
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2009, 06:42:21 PM »
i admit that buckethead is a freak, but a good freak and a very talented freak.

Hell yeah man! I wouldn't Mr Carroll any other way. I've said before that I see this incarnation of Guns as being a totally different band to the old one. VR are carrying on the tradition laid down by the old one, and Axl has gone off in his own direction. And I think "freaks" like Bucket, Bumble and Finck epitomise that direction perfectly :smoking:

I think Fuckethead just wants Guns to be Old Guns, and that's a vaild viewpoint, and one I can understand. But I don't think he should blame Buckethead for it.

brian carroll

• Used To Do A Little
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2009, 06:47:32 PM »
agreed, but it's not buckets fault that he's a freak it's his parents that made him live in a chicken coop which turned him into some crazed guitar obssesed super robot...