Please login or register. April 30, 2017, 11:37:58 PM

Author Topic: Tennis  (Read 49909 times)

Gott

• Very Old At Heart
  • Scheiße ......
Re: Tennis
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2009, 01:54:04 AM »
Tennis is my favorite sport to play by far . When I was in my early 20s I was a hitting partner for more than one pro . I wish I had people to play with , I'd still be playing ! When I was like 12 I hit balls around with a famous author and didn't know he was famous until years later .

Steffi Graf , Andre Agassi, John McEnroe ,Nadal and Federer are my fav players of all time  :banana
❀.•❤•.✿.•❤•❀.•❤•.✿.•❤• Butter my butt and call me a biscuit ❀.•❤•.✿.•❤•❀.•❤•.✿.•❤•

fan

• It Was A Long Time With Me
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2009, 06:15:41 PM »
Juan Martin Del Potro is the winner of the US Open 2009 grand slam.

This was the first majors final for the 21 year old Argentinian and he is the tallest man ever that has played a grand slam tournament final (198cm).

He beat Rafa Nadal in the semis and then also defeated Roger Federer who has won 40 matches in a row in the US Open and was also trying to win his 6th consecutive title. I'm happy he failed.  :lol:

This is Del Potro's first grand slam victory, I hope there's more to come.  :bow:

The band is just fantastic, that is really what I think
Oh by the way, which one's Pink?

June 4th 2006 - Gods of Metal Festival (Milan, Italy)
September 24th 2010 - Zagreb Arena (Zagreb, Croatia)

mothergoose

• Man Of Wealth And Taste
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2009, 06:17:56 PM »
Del Potro is the future of tennis, very promising, if he doesn't get injured. :coffee

jamiewarnock

• Mr Mojo Risin
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2009, 11:04:18 PM »
Federers shot V. Djorkavic = OMG :hmpf :O :drool:
29/8/10 - Guns N' Roses, Leeds Festival.
25/5/12 - Guns N' Roses, Glasgow SECC

I was there (:

fan

« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2009, 01:44:23 AM »
After 4 years of Rafael Nadal/Roger Federer domination as world NR. 1 and NR. 2 on the ATP chart, Andy Murray from Scotland took the NR. 2 spot a few weeks back, pushing Rafa to NR. 3.

This week everything is back to normal with Rafa taking back the second place after reaching the semi final in the US Open. Hope he gets back to NR. 1 quick.  :D

1 Roger Federer SUI 11240
 2 Rafael Nadal ESP 8845
 3 Andy Murray GBR 8390
 4 Novak Djokovic SRB 7480
 5 Juan Martin del Potro ARG 6825
 6 Andy Roddick USA 5310
 7 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga FRA 3950
 8 Nikolay Davydenko RUS 3535
 9 Fernando Verdasco ESP 3430
 10 Gilles Simon FRA 3090

Gott

• Very Old At Heart
  • Scheiße ......
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2009, 04:10:30 AM »
I'm happy for Juan Martin Del Potro and glad he won it . He must've been really happy considering it was his first grand slam title . Still, after not losing a match at the U.S. Open in almost 6 years Federer was due for a bad day and it finally happened . He was off and not himself . One hopes to peak by the time they reach the finals , but indeed Roger finally had an off day , as evidenced by a far below average first serve percentage. Del Potro was also fortunate that he was playing a Nadal that has not found his normal groove yet since his rest from knee problems . A top form Federer or Nadal would have beaten Dep Potro , but take nothing away from him .

Del Potro has been a force to be reckoned in the not so distant past though , nearly defeating Federer at the French and the Swede's first victory there . He's lost a lot of close ones so it's good to see him finally win one of those . He's given top players all they could handle for awhile now and steadily improved and therefore I don't see this as a fluke for Del Potro at all . He just made the men's draws in any future major all the more interesting and I see him winning more grand slam events in the future  :rockon:

Federer can't be too sad though , he's what , made it to the FINALS of the last SEVEN grand slam events in a row and won three of those finals . Not too shabby at all ! And here not all that long ago people were predicting Feder's soon to be demise , and then look what he did  :banana
❀.•❤•.✿.•❤•❀.•❤•.✿.•❤• Butter my butt and call me a biscuit ❀.•❤•.✿.•❤•❀.•❤•.✿.•❤•

fan

« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2009, 02:58:13 PM »
I'm happy for Juan Martin Del Potro and glad he won it . He must've been really happy considering it was his first grand slam title . Still, after not losing a match at the U.S. Open in almost 6 years Federer was due for a bad day and it finally happened . He was off and not himself . One hopes to peak by the time they reach the finals , but indeed Roger finally had an off day , as evidenced by a far below average first serve percentage. Del Potro was also fortunate that he was playing a Nadal that has not found his normal groove yet since his rest from knee problems . A top form Federer or Nadal would have beaten Dep Potro , but take nothing away from him .

Del Potro has been a force to be reckoned in the not so distant past though , nearly defeating Federer at the French and the Swede's first victory there . He's lost a lot of close ones so it's good to see him finally win one of those . He's given top players all they could handle for awhile now and steadily improved and therefore I don't see this as a fluke for Del Potro at all . He just made the men's draws in any future major all the more interesting and I see him winning more grand slam events in the future  :rockon:

Federer can't be too sad though , he's what , made it to the FINALS of the last SEVEN grand slam events in a row and won three of those finals . Not too shabby at all ! And here not all that long ago people were predicting Feder's soon to be demise , and then look what he did  :banana

I agree with most of it.  Except that part.

Roger Federer can play unbelievable tennis if everything is going according to plan. When there's some minor disturbance he isn't half as good. Despite the lousy servis he dominated the match the first two sets (luckily Del Potro won the second 7:6) but after Del Potro took his first serve game he started making a lot more mistakes, his game was less convicing... As if he was scared all of a sudden.

And I find pathetic that a player of his caliber, who has been through so much on the court, played hundreds of matches and numerous situations can get that worked up when someone offers him a challenge. It has happened many times, especially with Rafa Nadal.

When Rafa pushed his buttons and Fedex couldn't get every ball in the court, he lost the game. That's why they have a 13:7 record because Federer can only win if he's 100% sure he's the best. When you challenge him, he cracks. And that has happened multiple times, no matter how many grand slams he's got. He is the champion, a true chamion.. No one can deny that.
But he lacks what it takes to be the greatest of all time. And that is being psychologically strong enough to overcome and obsticle. In my opinion he's been afraid of Rafa since Rafa beat him when he was only 18 years old and Fedex was NR.1. I think something similar will happen with his future matches against Del Potro.

:banana

PS - remember Federer's last game against Tsonga where there was 1:1 in sets and Fedex lead 5:1 in the third set, serving for the win. Tsonga broke his serve and eventually won the match with 7:6 in the tie break.
He lost 5:1 lead after given a little nudge. That's weak in my opinion. That was few weeks ago.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 03:04:10 PM by fan »

Stifler's Mom

• Very Old At Heart
« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2009, 12:54:10 AM »
Juan Martin Del Potro is the winner of the US Open 2009 grand slam.

This was the first majors final for the 21 year old Argentinian and he is the tallest man ever that has played a grand slam tournament final (198cm).

He beat Rafa Nadal in the semis and then also defeated Roger Federer who has won 40 matches in a row in the US Open and was also trying to win his 6th consecutive title. I'm happy he failed.  :lol:

This is Del Potro's first grand slam victory, I hope there's more to come.  :bow:

yes, and I'm so proud of him...

rds.06

• Gets More Pussy Than Mick Wall
  • "I'm Melting"
« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2009, 02:22:24 AM »
I agree with most of it.  Except that part.

Roger Federer can play unbelievable tennis if everything is going according to plan. When there's some minor disturbance he isn't half as good. Despite the lousy servis he dominated the match the first two sets (luckily Del Potro won the second 7:6) but after Del Potro took his first serve game he started making a lot more mistakes, his game was less convicing... As if he was scared all of a sudden.

And I find pathetic that a player of his caliber, who has been through so much on the court, played hundreds of matches and numerous situations can get that worked up when someone offers him a challenge. It has happened many times, especially with Rafa Nadal.

When Rafa pushed his buttons and Fedex couldn't get every ball in the court, he lost the game. That's why they have a 13:7 record because Federer can only win if he's 100% sure he's the best. When you challenge him, he cracks. And that has happened multiple times, no matter how many grand slams he's got. He is the champion, a true chamion.. No one can deny that.
But he lacks what it takes to be the greatest of all time. And that is being psychologically strong enough to overcome and obsticle. In my opinion he's been afraid of Rafa since Rafa beat him when he was only 18 years old and Fedex was NR.1. I think something similar will happen with his future matches against Del Potro.

:banana

PS - remember Federer's last game against Tsonga where there was 1:1 in sets and Fedex lead 5:1 in the third set, serving for the win. Tsonga broke his serve and eventually won the match with 7:6 in the tie break.
He lost 5:1 lead after given a little nudge. That's weak in my opinion. That was few weeks ago.

Fan your so biased against Fed  :lol:.

Fact is you dont become the greatest player of all time by cracking when someone challenges him. Every player in the world over the last 5-6 has challenged him or tried to challenge him but he beat them out of sight hence the reason he has 16 grand slam titles to his name. He had a off day against Del Potro, lets not forget that Del Pedro beat Nadal off the court, so any stick Federer is getting for "cracking" against Del Potro can be leveled at Nadal also. Federer beat Del Potro in the French on the way to the crown  :banana, he didnt crack there when Del Potro challenged him, the US final was an off day, everyone has them but Fed has them less then everyone else.
clean your ears...Nickelback's guitar work is awesome.

Gott

• Very Old At Heart
  • Scheiße ......
« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2009, 08:06:33 AM »

Fact is you dont become the greatest player of all time by cracking when someone challenges him. Every player in the world over the last 5-6 has challenged him or tried to challenge him but he beat them out of sight hence the reason he has 16 grand slam titles to his name. He had a off day against Del Potro, lets not forget that Del Pedro beat Nadal off the court, so any stick Federer is getting for "cracking" against Del Potro can be leveled at Nadal also. Federer beat Del Potro in the French on the way to the crown  :banana, he didnt crack there when Del Potro challenged him, the US final was an off day, everyone has them but Fed has them less then everyone else.

/agree  :D   

Fed only had a first serve percentage of 50% that match against Del Potro which is below is norm . His brutal and well placed first serves give him a lot of free points , so when his percentage is down he has to work that much harder.

fan

« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2009, 11:17:09 AM »

I disagree.

First of all Federer has 15 grand slams.

All I was saying is that Federer can win the match perfectly if he feels 100% comfortable. He plays unbelievable tennis and is almost unbeatable. When he feels threathened he cracks. There were multiple matches that prove my theory.

The difference between Nadal's and Federer's game against Del Potro is the following...

(I won't go too much into Rafa's injuries because it's not an excuse though it was widely documented Rafa couldn't hold his serve because of the abdominal muscle injury. If you watched the match than I guess you know his 1st serve was about 160-170 km/h average which is way to low to compete with Del Potro's killer serve)

... at this point Del Potro is better than Nadal. Rafa still needs some time to be the way he was before the Roland Garros. But Federer is at this point the best player in the world. Rafa lost because Del Potro is better currently... Federer sensed Del Potro won't go down as is seemed in the first set and he couldn't take it. Why did everything change after the first break of the match in the 4th set? Before that Federer was so good on his serve no one could come close (even with 50%). After the break, he lost the tie break and lost another serve in the beginning of the 5th set.

His 13-7 record and 5:2 in major competitions against Rafael Nadal speaks for itself. Either he can't handle the pressure or Rafa is simply better than him. You choose.  :cool:   And I think similar will happen with Del Potro.

PS - did Del Potro take 1 serve in Roland Garros from Fedex (my bad - he did)!! Was he anywhere near as dangerous as he was in the US Open. No. My point is he was never a real threat to the victory of Fedex and Fedex reamined relaxed and won easily.

You can call me biased and maybe I am but what I claim has happened on many occasion to the "greatest" player of all time.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 11:24:29 AM by fan »

JamesAXLRules

• Fit Ta Burn
  • Everything Was Roses When We Held Onto The Guns
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2009, 11:12:32 AM »
tennis sucks  :mwa
The one you love is the one
That should take you higher
You ain't got no one
You better go back out and find her

The Spaghetti Incident?

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • All those wasted hours we used to know..
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2009, 11:31:07 AM »
You slut!

I always wanted Nalbandian to dethrone Federer :tear:

Gott

• Very Old At Heart
  • Scheiße ......
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2009, 08:28:47 AM »
I still miss John McEnroe though . I loved his unique service motion .... and of course all the trantrums he used to throw ! That , my friends, was entertainment !  :banana

Worchild

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • *I AM INCONQUERABLE*
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2009, 08:07:17 AM »
federer is god, simple :cool:
W.