Please login or register. May 23, 2017, 07:50:36 AM

Author Topic: I met Duff last night...Didn't quite go according to plan tho!  (Read 13213 times)

robin2002

• Beatin' A Dead Horse
I met Duff last night...Didn't quite go according to plan tho!
« on: September 24, 2008, 09:59:02 AM »
So, Duff was bringing his "Loaded" band to Inverness, I was soooo excited, one of my hero's playing in my home town!! So I got to the gig to be told that people were being charged £30 to meet him!!! Now I'm a massive fan, I love Guns, Duff, anything to do with GN'R basically but Im not the best paid job in the world and I have a mortgage to pay so I don't have a spare £30, now I know alot of you would probably pay 10 x that to meet the man for like a minute but as much as I love him, GN'R etc I don't think its right that you should have to pay to meet anyone, so I watched the show(which was quite gd, he played So Fine, Dust N' Bones, Its so Easy, Attitude, New Rose etc) and hung out outside hoping to meet him at his tourbus.

So he came out and walked right past all of us, and one of my friends(I don't know why she did it) shouted "asshole", and he came outta the tourbus and started asking "who called me an asshole", and she was like "I did", and he was like "why?", so I thought I would try and do a decent thing and said "well she said it for me cauz I didnt get a chance to meet you earlier cauz I didnt have a spare £30 to meet you" (again, I dont even know why I said that) and he started asking me "do you think I'm an asshole", straight away I was like "NOO!!!!, honestly i don't" and he kept asking me and sayin "you think I'm an asshole dont you", so it was pretty ackward.  I did get a photo with him and he signed my Appetite record and we ended on good terms but I was basically kinda heartbroken :-(

My friend(the girl who shouted asshole) ended up having a wee kiss with a member of his band and I did ask Duff "who wrote Don't Cry  :lol:" but I'll probably never meet him again and I'll never forget the fact that I made an ass outta myself infront of one of my hero's  :(

So....it was a bit of a wierd night, I did get to meet him(without having to pay) but wasn't how I planned it would be.

You guys will probably think that I'm the asshole but I'm not, I wouldn't even pay £30 to meet Axl, I would rather meet him cauz he wants to meet his fans, not pay for the privilidge.

So there ya go then.
"broken glass and cigarettes, writing on the wall, it was a bargin for the summer and I thought I had it all..."

boo

• Realtime Visionary
Re: I met Duff last night...Didn't quite go according to plan tho!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 03:24:12 PM »
That's a great story. I wouldn't feel too bad about calling him an asshole. It made him think that's for sure and proves he has feelings that's why he came back out to see you. Shows he's a top bloke at heart.

Stifler's Mom

• Very Old At Heart
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 05:17:02 PM »

oh don't worry about the "asshole business", duff is a quite self-confident man, he's quite aware of his coolness and genious, he must have been pulling your leg just to make fun of your nerviousness. I don't think he took it seriously.

and about the $ 30 (I guess its euros, but I haven't got that simbol in my pc) you're so very right. it's not fair that fans have to pay to meet their idols (except meeting them at concerts, of course) and I can't believe that duff did such a thing, you must have been told a lie or someone else (not duff) was making profits behind duff's back.
are you sure that HE, HIMSELF, was aware that fans were being charged for meeting him???

mitophin22

• Very Old At Heart
  • Say that again?
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 08:48:27 PM »
Yeah, Duff is a really nice guy. I have talked to him three times already. He's quiet and shy like slash but he's really nice. I think he's an awesome bass player and I can't wait to see him again. :bow:
I almost gave a F#*k

quarantinejosh

• Beatin' A Dead Horse
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 10:10:53 AM »
oh don't worry about the "asshole business", duff is a quite self-confident man, he's quite aware of his coolness and genious, he must have been pulling your leg just to make fun of your nerviousness. I don't think he took it seriously.

and about the $ 30 (I guess its euros, but I haven't got that simbol in my pc) you're so very right. it's not fair that fans have to pay to meet their idols (except meeting them at concerts, of course) and I can't believe that duff did such a thing, you must have been told a lie or someone else (not duff) was making profits behind duff's back.
are you sure that HE, HIMSELF, was aware that fans were being charged for meeting him???

No it'd be pounds which makes it about 60dollars right now, thats ridiculous

Duder

• Kneeling Fucking Virgin
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 12:40:36 AM »
He wont remember it man dont worry , i made an ass out of myself when i met the dudes from Alter Bridge!

snakepipero

• Realtime Visionary
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 12:57:05 PM »
Duff is a great guy  ;)

Illusionsgirl

• Fit Ta Burn
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 04:34:17 PM »
I met the band when I went to see Loaded. It was really cool. The gig itself was awesome, and all of them were really really nice. Duff was quite shy, but I got a few pictures. Had a nice converstaion with Mikey, and got a kiss of Jeff (I nearly fainted haha). It was a really good night. And one of the support bands, The Loyalties, were awesome. Really really good live band, and really sweet guys. Check em out :)
Dont damn me when i speak a piece of mind coz silence isnt golden when i'm holding it inside. Words of wisdom.

Guns N´Stradlin

• Gets More Pussy Than Mick Wall
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2008, 08:14:18 PM »
Well, thing is, that Axl is an ass. But Duff isn´t, and Izzy and Steven aren´t asses. Slash has his moment, being an ass, but mostly he is a terrific person. But I like Duff very much, he is a nice person :nod:
\\\"And the Lord said unto John, \\\"Come forth and receive eternal life\\\". But John came fifth and won a toaster\\\"

robin2002

• Beatin' A Dead Horse
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2008, 10:57:09 PM »
Funny thing is that I read somewhere recently that Duff invested money into Microsoft and starbucks in the early 90's, so he is LOADED, which annoys me more that he was charging £30 to meet him.  I have a cool photo with him, I'll upload it when I get a chance.
"broken glass and cigarettes, writing on the wall, it was a bargin for the summer and I thought I had it all..."

mac71

• Rubbermade Baby
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2008, 05:01:33 PM »
I was at the gig too, the £30 pound was that if you bought a t shirt, poster and EP, you then got to meet him- for all of a minute or two. i usually buy a shirt at gigs anyway, and i wanted the EP . still it was good to meet him if only for a minute enough time for a photo and to get stuff signed. cool bunch o guys tho

Sleepy Head

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2008, 07:30:33 PM »
Sort of bitter-sweet.

catkins

• King Dick
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2008, 12:14:39 AM »
So, Duff was bringing his "Loaded" band to Inverness, I was soooo excited, one of my hero's playing in my home town!! So I got to the gig to be told that people were being charged £30 to meet him!!! Now I'm a massive fan, I love Guns, Duff, anything to do with GN'R basically but Im not the best paid job in the world and I have a mortgage to pay so I don't have a spare £30, now I know alot of you would probably pay 10 x that to meet the man for like a minute but as much as I love him, GN'R etc I don't think its right that you should have to pay to meet anyone, so I watched the show(which was quite gd, he played So Fine, Dust N' Bones, Its so Easy, Attitude, New Rose etc) and hung out outside hoping to meet him at his tourbus.

So he came out and walked right past all of us, and one of my friends(I don't know why she did it) shouted "asshole", and he came outta the tourbus and started asking "who called me an asshole", and she was like "I did", and he was like "why?", so I thought I would try and do a decent thing and said "well she said it for me cauz I didnt get a chance to meet you earlier cauz I didnt have a spare £30 to meet you" (again, I dont even know why I said that) and he started asking me "do you think I'm an asshole", straight away I was like "NOO!!!!, honestly i don't" and he kept asking me and sayin "you think I'm an asshole dont you", so it was pretty ackward.  I did get a photo with him and he signed my Appetite record and we ended on good terms but I was basically kinda heartbroken :-(

My friend(the girl who shouted asshole) ended up having a wee kiss with a member of his band and I did ask Duff "who wrote Don't Cry  :lol:" but I'll probably never meet him again and I'll never forget the fact that I made an ass outta myself infront of one of my hero's  :(

So....it was a bit of a wierd night, I did get to meet him(without having to pay) but wasn't how I planned it would be.

You guys will probably think that I'm the asshole but I'm not, I wouldn't even pay £30 to meet Axl, I would rather meet him cauz he wants to meet his fans, not pay for the privilidge.

So there ya go then.

Hmm £30 for a Personalised message Autographed Loaded T-shirt wouldn't be unfair but £30 just to talk to him I find that hard to believe ! I wouldn't pay £30 to meet him (I mean he's hardly A List these days) Backstage is overrated its boring crap  The show is the best part ! If you make the right contacts you can get on the backstage guest list anyway !
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 12:33:44 AM by catkins »

gjsGNR

• Bedouin
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2009, 06:40:45 PM »
I stay in Inverness too, wish I'd gone to see them play :'(
Welcome to the Paradise Garden of Eden

rocknroll41

• Bad Obsession
  • wel-come-to-buck-et-head-LAND
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2010, 07:34:32 PM »
robin2002, don't less this get to you. I'm sure Duff gets called names a lot and knows those people are still his fans in a way
wel-come-to-buck-et-head-LAND