Please login or register. November 21, 2017, 09:19:58 AM

Author Topic: Football  (Read 201667 times)

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
Re: Football
« Reply #2385 on: May 13, 2013, 01:26:18 PM »
Jplpool

Who do everton want as next everton manager?
From the names I've seen mentioned Martinez seems to be
the one who stands out and Wigan chairman is definitely
a bit worried, publicly stating everton aren't big enough  :?:

Sad for your club moyes has gone.

Was kind of hoping Man U would be stupid enough to pick mourinho.
He doesn't have a clue how to bring through youth and build a club, just
Splashes the cash for instant results then does one.
Great character though.

The general consensus seems to be in favour of Laudrup or Periera (porto manager, just won his second league title and out of contract in July.)

There has been a few shouts for Bilic to get the job. I'll go fuckin' mental if he's even considered for the job. I never want that man to set foot inside Goodison Park ever again.

He turned out for Everton in August 1997, after assuring himself of new manager Howard Kendall's full support, he initially brought some class to Toffee's backline but his season was marred by bookings that saw him miss several games through suspension.
It looked like his Everton career was over but he went into the 1998 FIFA World Cup with Croatia and the team were the surprise package of the tournament, reaching the semi-finals, where they were beaten by hosts France. Croatia finished in third place after winning the playoff game.
Bilić was involved in controversy during the tournament for the role he played in the dismissal of Laurent Blanc in the semi-final with France. With Croatia behind, a free kick was awarded which saw Slaven marking the French defender. Bilić held Blanc and to free himself, Blanc pushed Bilić, making contact with his chin and chest. Bilić fell to the ground clutching his forehead. Bilić later admitted that he was acting, and went down only after encouragement from teammate Igor Štimac. Blanc was sent off and missed the World Cup final through suspension. Bilić did not apologize but did say, "I swear if I could change that so [Blanc] could play in the final, I would."[5]
After his exertions in the World Cup, Bilić revealed a nagging groin strain that required rest and treatment, which he took back home in Croatia. After missing the first quarter of the season, Bilić was left wondering if he would get back into the Everton side managed by Walter Smith. He did so and showed some good form but could never fully establish himself due to injuries and suspensions.
Everton decided to cut their losses on Bilić in July 1999, leaving him free to choose a new club but unwanted in England. He continued to play only for Croatia on a £27,000-a-week contract with Everton, while living in Zagreb. The club eventually agreed to give Bilić a million-pound payoff, representing around half of the balance remaining on his lucrative contract which still had 28 months to run. Just two days later, Bilić signed up with his home club Hajduk Split where he briefly played until retiring.

There's also been speculation linking Malky Mackay with the job. This stems from the media and bookies though. I don't know one single Everton fan who is in favour of his appointment. If he does somehow get the job, I'll give him my full support, just after the doctors have sewn my wrists back up  :tongue:

Martinez? Meh. I don't rate him. He can stick his FA cup his arse. You judge a manager on their performance in the league, and his is pitiful. I'm not entirely sure on this figure, but I'd hazard a guess and say he's only had Wigan out of the bottom 3 for about 10 games over 3 seasons.

Personally, I'd like to see Ole Gunnar Solksjaer get the job. Fergie always said he would make a good manager, and stated that it was his ability to read games that made him such an effective sub.
He served his apprenticeship as a coach under Fergie, before taking over Molde, where he has guided them to their first ever 2 league titles in his first two seasons. Admittedly, they have started this season a bit shite, but he'd still get the nod from me.

Feeling more confident about moyes being the new utd manager as the days go by. :thumbsup:

Im just hoping that we keep the backroom staff.

I honestly can't tell you what will happen there. I have been informed by a reliable source though that Pip Neville will be joining him at united. I think we can safely say he won't be doing so as a player   :tongue: but I have no idea what role he will be undertaking.

I hope, I do not wait.

Does somebody torture you whilst force feeding you Chinese Democracy!?

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #2386 on: June 03, 2013, 08:20:07 PM »
Almost done and dusted. Fuck off Roberto ya  greasy cunt. I've never wanted him (honest, I told Bumb.l the  day before Moyes officially signed for Utd. that 'Bobby' was the leading contender. I also believe I said this in this thread.

Martinez? Meh. I don't rate him. He can stick his FA cup his arse. You judge a manager on their performance in the league, and his is pitiful. I'm not entirely sure on this figure, but I'd hazard a guess and say he's only had Wigan out of the bottom 3 for about 10 games over 3 seasons.

Seriously, though, Everton, aren't we. He'll get my full support, because that's what we do. If I was a kopite or a chelski fan, I'd be stamping my feet, and helping to create a poisonous atmosphere before he's even started. There will be none of that though.

Good luck 'Bobby' lad. Ya fuckin' grease-ball.
I hope, I do not wait.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #2387 on: June 05, 2013, 06:08:38 PM »
Damn it!

Oh well, at least I made some money off the bookies. I'll be havin' a good few glasses of coke on them fuckers  :tongue:

Good luck 'Bobby.'
I hope, I do not wait.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #2388 on: June 09, 2013, 06:37:45 PM »
After 505 Barclays Premier League appearances, nine goals, six titles and 59 England caps, former Manchester United and Everton star Phil Neville has officially retired from playing football.

Tell us your fondest memories from Neville's wonderful career.

United bound.....
I hope, I do not wait.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

rds.06

• Gets More Pussy Than Mick Wall
  • "I'm Melting"
« Reply #2389 on: June 17, 2013, 02:02:35 AM »
Joe fucking, cunting, bastarding, bellend Kinnear.  AGAIN.  Fuck my life.

One of the oddest things I've heard with a while.

I honestly thought Joe Kinnear was dead.
clean your ears...Nickelback's guitar work is awesome.

RoboAxl

• NewGNR Crew!
  • All Geared Up
  • The Mod Who Knocks
    • Facebook
« Reply #2390 on: June 17, 2013, 12:55:26 PM »
Is he Greg's brother?

Fuck Cork and all Cork related things

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #2391 on: June 17, 2013, 01:23:55 PM »
Oi, no jokin, ere.  :fuckyeah:
I hope, I do not wait.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

slashthe2nd

• All Geared Up
  • Watch me burn
« Reply #2392 on: June 17, 2013, 09:05:11 PM »
looking forward to the fixture list on wednesday

comon David Moyes
Play like fergie's boys
We'll go wild wild wild
I ain't Jumpin' Jack Flash
 I'm no Telegram Sam
 I ain't Ziggy Stardust
 I'm just a heartbreaking son of a bitch

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #2393 on: July 05, 2013, 06:15:33 PM »

I honestly can't tell you what will happen there. I have been informed by a reliable source though that Pip Neville will be joining him at united. I think we can safely say he won't be doing so as a player   :tongue: but I have no idea what role he will be undertaking.

United bound.....

Told you so. Again.  :~
I hope, I do not wait.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

chainsmoker

• Used To Do A Little
« Reply #2394 on: August 17, 2013, 05:05:51 PM »
Uproar at the emirates.

Can't help but  :giggle:

Can't stand the tight arse frog.

Worchild

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • *I AM INCONQUERABLE*
« Reply #2395 on: August 17, 2013, 05:45:53 PM »
And a fantastic start to the "revolution" at the AIDS riddled Stadium of Shite.  :yao:
W.

better2112

• All Geared Up
  • Heeeellllooooooooo!
« Reply #2396 on: November 03, 2013, 01:22:11 AM »
Bedolvic or something like that got a goal I saw, impressive  :notbad:
.......... poutine .......... I'M AWESOME .......... poutine .......... 

--FUCK the U.F.I!--

RoboAxl

• NewGNR Crew!
  • All Geared Up
  • The Mod Who Knocks
    • Facebook
« Reply #2397 on: November 03, 2013, 10:54:37 PM »
Begovic, old chap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFEGxVmSlmo

Haha, the commentator's great on this. Goooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooo oooooooal :lol:
Fuck Cork and all Cork related things

Shadow Play

• Beatin' A Dead Horse
« Reply #2398 on: November 16, 2013, 10:07:58 PM »
Before last weekend, Begovic was stokes joint top goalscorer :lol: