Please login or register. August 22, 2014, 04:56:06 AM

Author Topic: Formula 1  (Read 69755 times)

rds.06

• Gets More Pussy Than Mick Wall
  • "I'm Melting"
Re: Formula 1
« Reply #540 on: September 18, 2010, 12:48:13 AM »
It's wide open again, I was neutral for a large part of the season but the last couple weeks I have been getting behind Webber, mainly because of how poorly Vettel has made himself look in the last few races, and I would love to see a guy like Webber do it after so many years of bad luck.
clean your ears...Nickelback's guitar work is awesome.

Johan!

• NewGNR Crew!
  • The Theory of Everything
« Reply #541 on: September 20, 2010, 03:05:33 PM »
I still have a preference for Button, but I doubt he can do it this year. More realistic I also hope Webber wins. Vettel has succesfully made a campaign for me to start disliking him. Alonso just doesn't deserve the title this year, especially after Hockenheim's travesty. Hamilton is the guy who would be my third pick for clinching the title. I don't like his attitude, but the dude can drive and drives very agressive.

So my favourite final standings:

1 Button
2 Webber
3 Hamilton
4 Alonso
5 Vettel

RoboAxl

• NewGNR Crew!
  • All Geared Up
  • The Mod Who Knocks
    • Facebook
« Reply #542 on: September 20, 2010, 11:10:53 PM »
It's wide open again, I was neutral for a large part of the season but the last couple weeks I have been getting behind Webber, mainly because of how poorly Vettel has made himself look in the last few races, and I would love to see a guy like Webber do it after so many years of bad luck.

Webber all the way. Fuck Button, fuck Hamilton and fuck McLaren. Agreed with Johan that Alonso doesn't deserve the title. So, at this stage, Webber is the only possible option for me to support with Schumacher struggling
Fuck Cork and all Cork related things

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #543 on: September 20, 2010, 11:16:19 PM »
Hamilton-Webber-Vettell-Button-Alonso(because he's a whiner, who wants everything his own way)
I hope, I do not wait.

Does somebody torture you whilst force feeding you Chinese Democracy!?

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

rds.06

• "I'm Melting"
« Reply #544 on: September 26, 2010, 02:30:22 AM »
Very interesting grid for Singapore.

Rain is expected also on an already tricky track. I expect fireworks at the start, the first corner should be epic. I just hope that Webber in 5th and with the Red Bulls poor starts doesnt get caught in any trouble.

rds.06

• "I'm Melting"
« Reply #545 on: September 26, 2010, 03:51:33 PM »
Alonso wins, Webber 3rd, Hamilton out after a coming together with Webber.

Japan next.

Johan!

• NewGNR Crew!
« Reply #546 on: October 01, 2010, 11:31:30 AM »
I guess it's going to be between Webber and Alonso. Hamilton & Vettel make too many mistakes under pressure and Button lacks the pure speed at the moment.

rds.06

• "I'm Melting"
« Reply #547 on: October 07, 2010, 01:43:57 AM »
Kimi not coming back to F1 with Renault.

He attacked Renault for using his name are a marketing tool. I tend to agree with him, Renault spoke about Kimi managers enquiry far to much and it seemed a very strange thing to do when you are battling for 4th in the championship and trying to get the best out of Petrov, they can only have unsettled him.

Pity Kimi is not returning, he is a former WC and still has lots to give if he is fully motivated. He would only add to an already strong grid. If Schumacher packs it in again, Haug at Mercedes is a known fan so maybe a way back for him there. Strange move by Kimi's managers to make contact in the first place, Kimi must want back in F1. Just lower your salary demands and get back!

Johan!

• NewGNR Crew!
« Reply #548 on: October 07, 2010, 09:01:02 AM »
Indeed. Renault just used Kimi to get Petrov's backers to pay more cash. Maybe he can still go to Mercedes in 2011 (if Schumacher retires again, but that seems unlikely to me) or in 2012. Or to Red Bull in 2012 if Webber quits.

rds.06

• "I'm Melting"
« Reply #549 on: October 08, 2010, 12:40:58 AM »
Right on q, Renault annouce a new RUSSIAN sponsor for the rest of the season, its a Russian vodka brand. That is 3 sponsors Petrov has brought with him to Renault this year alone, I fully expect him to be driving for Renault next season.

Johan!

• NewGNR Crew!
« Reply #550 on: October 08, 2010, 09:15:25 AM »
To be honest, I don't mind to much. I think the guy can drive. He's had a lot of bad luck and history shows that being 2nd driver at Renault/Benetton is a very difficult task, since they always tend to treat drivers different. Still if it would mean the return of Kimi Petrov can go  ;).

Kubica / Petrov
Alonso / Grosjean
Alonso / Piquet jr.
Alonso / Fisichella
Alonso / Trulli

and a littler longer ago:

Schumacher / Herbert
Schumacher / Lehto
Schumacher / Verstappen

Only driver couples I would say were treated the same since 1994 were:

Alesi / Berger
Fisichella / Wurz
Fisichella / Button
Fisichella / Kovalainen

rds.06

• "I'm Melting"
« Reply #551 on: October 09, 2010, 05:41:50 PM »
Saturday rained out in Japan, final practice saw no action & qualilfying was cancelled until Sunday morning.

Hamilton crashed at the start of first practice  :fpalm:, I have never seem a driver to fold under pressure as much as Hamilton, he is a fantastic driver but the guy is a serious choker.

Hamilton also had to change his gear box so will get a 5 place grid drop on Sunday. Race is expected to be dry but the track may still be damp. 

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #552 on: October 10, 2010, 12:18:23 AM »
Saturday rained out in Japan, final practice saw no action & qualilfying was cancelled until Sunday morning.

Hamilton crashed at the start of first practice  :fpalm:, I have never seem a driver to fold under pressure as much as Hamilton, he is a fantastic driver but the guy is a serious choker.

Hamilton also had to change his gear box so will get a 5 place grid drop on Sunday. Race is expected to be dry but the track may still be damp. 

Hamilton a choker? Bollocks!! his car is off the pace, so he's pushing things to the edge even more than he normally does. I've never heard a world champion called a choker before.  :fpalm:
I hope, I do not wait.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

rds.06

• "I'm Melting"
« Reply #553 on: October 10, 2010, 01:56:09 AM »
Hamilton a choker? Bollocks!! his car is off the pace, so he's pushing things to the edge even more than he normally does. I've never heard a world champion called a choker before.  :fpalm:

He is a MASSIVE choker.

He should have been world champion in his first season but he choked, look at China, wore his tyres out and slid off into the gravel trap coming into the pits in a race where all he had to do was finish, he would have been world champion. He had it won the next year but did his very best to throw it away against Massa and won it on the last corner only because it rained, when he should have won it many races before that. He didnt have the car last year. This season when things get tough he can't stop crashing, he has crashed in the last 2 races, crashed in first practice in Japan and did the same thing in Germany. The guy cannot take the pressure when its all at stake, he is not capable of playing the percentage game which is what you need to be doing when you don't have the best car e.g. like what Button does. Button could easily be in the hunt in the final race because he brings the car home and get points and does not throw it into the wall.

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #554 on: October 10, 2010, 02:12:39 AM »
He is a MASSIVE choker.

He should have been world champion in his first season but he choked,

And he would have been the first person to ever do so-so that's below the belt.

. He had it won the next year but did his very best to throw it away against Massa and won it on the last corner only because it rained, when he should have won it many races before that.

He won it over a season, end of story.

, he is not capable of playing the percentage game

LEWIS HAMILTON insists he will NEVER go slow in his pursuit of the world title.

The Brit has seen his Formula One challenge suffer a major blow after crashing out in the last two grands prix.

But with just four races to go, starting with the ultimate track test in Japan on Sunday, Hamilton maintains trying to change his full-blooded approach could spell disaster.

He said: "You could say just don't bother overtaking but then I might as well not race. I'm here to overtake, I love it.

"As soon as the red light goes out all your natural reactions kick-in.

"If you start thinking I don't want to get the start wrong then, boom, you get the start wrong.

"Don't want to get caught up in the first corner? Then, boom, you get caught in the first corner. You can't think like that, you've got to go out and get on with it.

"There's going to be a time when it doesn't work but if you look at my record, it's pretty good. I don't know how many 'did not finishes' I've had in 70-odd races but it's not half.

"Some of us are more aggressive than others. Some do a lot less overtaking than others."

Hamilton, 25, has dropped to third in the standings, 20 points behind Red Bull's Mark Webber who leads Ferrari's Fernando Alonso by nine.

But the Brit insists he is still in the title fight as he bids for glory on the unique figure-of-eight Suzuka track.

Hamilton added: "It's a special circuit, it's amazing.

"It's one of those raw, old-school tracks. Some of the corners you put your wheel over the white line, touch the grass and you're off. That's the way it should be."

I hope, I do not wait.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH