Please login or register. August 01, 2014, 04:54:55 PM

Author Topic: "Made In China"  (Read 5810 times)

Iconic Shawn

• Realtime Visionary
  • You get nothing for nothing if thats what you do
"Made In China"
« on: August 20, 2007, 03:29:05 PM »
 :lol: So the crap that comes out of China is starting to stink up around the world and they are hard at work trying to promote that things with the "Made in China" sticker are quality and legit goods.

We ALL know (at least in the states) that anything "Made in China" is usually a bootleg or will probably break pretty quick.  This coming from China and its BOOMing economy.

Well if you have people work for shit and make shit products but sell them like its all good then of course your top chiefs are going to be "booming" with cash.

I hope that they keep putting the spotlight on China's bogus products and expose exactly WHY its cheaper to buy shit in China. Maybe then we'll see 'booming' china is after they have to really fix up their manufacturing companies.

:lol: Made in China  :lol:

~S~

PurpleHaze

• Tongue Like A Razor
  • I eat Green Berets for breakfast.
Re: "Made In China"
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 03:36:23 PM »
I dunno, if we removed all the low level manufacturing jobs from China, they'd only have to go somewhere else.

So thank your lucky stars that your only job prospect isn't gluing together low quality toys, because the Chinese are doing it for you.

sunnyp

• It Was A Long Time With Me
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 04:30:53 PM »
All of the top sport clothes like Nike, Adidas, Reebok are mostly made in China.

Cost of manufacture for a Nike T-shirt £0.10 (thats probably what about $0.20?).

Cost of shipping per item when done in bulk: Perhaps the same again?

Cost of retail in UK perhaps £0.30 at the most.

So we are looking at about 50p to make, ship and distribute clothes.

Add on the EU tax probably about 2p per item.

Retail price £25 (at least).

So £24.48 is going to some rich executive most likely in New York.

Therefore, if you want to discover the location of the person who is ripping you off, start by looking in the USA!
'SunnyP on the Southside Fuckin up your programme'

Iconic Shawn

• Realtime Visionary
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 06:51:32 PM »
Hey now, I never said China was ripping us off. I said everyone knows that their products are shit. Unless its mainstream. I work at a place that just loves to buy shit in China and I see how crappy they make things.

China is getting off on OUR own companies greed. That indeed is the problem.

So...fuck Chinese products. Give work back to your own people and lets start living a little more legit huh?

My main point was China trying to push their "Made in China" products as good products.

~S~

axlstwin

• A Classic Case
  • DR STRANGELOVE
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 07:20:03 PM »
Hey now, I never said China was ripping us off. I said everyone knows that their products are shit. Unless its mainstream. I work at a place that just loves to buy shit in China and I see how crappy they make things.

China is getting off on OUR own companies greed. That indeed is the problem.

So...fuck Chinese products. Give work back to your own people and lets start living a little more legit huh?

My main point was China trying to push their "Made in China" products as good products.

~S~

weird how in 20 years time you're gonna have to answer to the Chinese cuz things are increasingly going East, politically and economically. Plus, the rest of the world is starting to really go off all of America's bullshit, so I personally welcome the new era of China as a superpower, and only wish things would happen even more rapidly. Most commerical goods are made in China. Not all of them can be bad. So your argument was stupid.
Fighting for freedom from The Malice of Clock and Calendar

Iconic Shawn

• Realtime Visionary
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 07:29:41 PM »
Like their planes right? 

And what American bs are you talking about?  What exactly about China are you in support of as a country?  Or is it just your blind dislike of America?

Also, I was talking about Chinese made products, not politics. You guys are like anti USA leeches. Turn everything into some bs about how bad the US is and how Bush is the devil.

You guys need to come up with some new shit while you listen to America's own, Gun N' Roses.

~S~

PurpleHaze

• Tongue Like A Razor
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 07:56:58 PM »
Like their planes right? 

And what American bs are you talking about?  What exactly about China are you in support of as a country?  Or is it just your blind dislike of America?

Also, I was talking about Chinese made products, not politics. You guys are like anti USA leeches. Turn everything into some bs about how bad the US is and how Bush is the devil.

You guys need to come up with some new shit while you listen to America's own, Gun N' Roses.

~S~

lol, wtf are you on about?

sunnyp

• It Was A Long Time With Me
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2007, 08:01:01 PM »
Like their planes right? 

~S~

Ok Shawn, being so new you may not know this but I am probably the person you would least want to get into a debate with over America.

The Bs I would say from America right now is the complete lack of morals an ethics that your country seems to engage in whether in business or conflict, which are unfortunately so closely intertwined. Your president hypocritically preaches about human rights while supporting the death penalty, extraordinary rendition, and detention without due process in Guantanimo. That's another issue altogether.

Chinese goods may seem inferior to you, but the point I was making is that if there wasn't a market for these low quality products then they wouldn't sell. Er go what does that tell you about the consumer?!  
'SunnyP on the Southside Fuckin up your programme'

axlstwin

• A Classic Case
  • DR STRANGELOVE
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2007, 08:22:57 PM »

What exactly about China are you in support of as a country?  Or is it just your blind dislike of America?

~S~

erm...lets see:

Interesting food, largely untainted or changed by the influence of Westerners? - Check

Innovative and effective transport systems (they have a train that goes up into the Tibetan plain, whilst in England we have...erm...trains that don't run when its rainy. Don't know what trains are like in the US. Also in Shanghai there is the worlds only mag-lev train that can reach up to incredible speeds and runs efficiently and smoothly.) - Check

Businesses whose employees are genuinely interested in customer service (I know this from experience. People are friendly over there.) - Check (far more so than in America - again, I know this from experience)

Astonishing rates of production, construction and economic increase - Check. (China is building itself up at a ridiculous rate. Their dedication and work ethic is something for anyone who values such things to envy.)

Plus they have a kick ass new stadium.

Happy?

There's plenty wrong with China: I disagree with totalitarian regimes, as a principle I think its wrong. I disagree totally with their oppression of Tibet, a country I have also visited so I'm well equipped to make such comments.

Have you been to China my yankee friend? Have you ever even set foot outside the US?

Iconic Shawn

• Realtime Visionary
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2007, 08:28:58 PM »
Ok Shawn, being so new you may not know this but I am probably the person you would least want to get into a debate with over America.

The Bs I would say from America right now is the complete lack of morals an ethics that your country seems to engage in whether in business or conflict, which are unfortunately so closely intertwined. Your president hypocritically preaches about human rights while supporting the death penalty, extraordinary rendition, and detention without due process in Guantanimo. That's another issue altogether.

Chinese goods may seem inferior to you, but the point I was making is that if there wasn't a market for these low quality products then they wouldn't sell. Er go what does that tell you about the consumer?! 

Sun.  I've been on this board since who knows (iconiclust) and have seen how anti America you are and know full well how much you love to bash the country.

But, my topic was not "Lets debate about America".  It was pointing out that China is having a problem (or is for some reason FINALLY being looked at when it comes to the crappy quality of their products. Not to mention that they are actually dangerous. I mean, lead paint on toys? Come on.

They make shitty products and sell them because we DO have 99 cent stores and shit where you'll find most of them.

If you want to go into politics I'm sure you can find me on another thread. But before you do that, you go on to always bash the US.  If I'm not mistaking, you're Chinese right? Living in China? You really want to talk about politics and human rights amigo?

~S~

PurpleHaze

• Tongue Like A Razor
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2007, 08:36:19 PM »
If you're gonna blame China for making shit products, blame western nations for buying them.

They wouldn't manufacture them if nobody bought them.

Iconic Shawn

• Realtime Visionary
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2007, 08:41:54 PM »
erm...lets see:

Interesting food, largely untainted or changed by the influence of Westerners? - Check

Innovative and effective transport systems (they have a train that goes up into the Tibetan plain, whilst in England we have...erm...trains that don't run when its rainy. Don't know what trains are like in the US. Also in Shanghai there is the worlds only mag-lev train that can reach up to incredible speeds and runs efficiently and smoothly.) - Check

Businesses whose employees are genuinely interested in customer service (I know this from experience. People are friendly over there.) - Check (far more so than in America - again, I know this from experience)

Astonishing rates of production, construction and economic increase - Check. (China is building itself up at a ridiculous rate. Their dedication and work ethic is something for anyone who values such things to envy.)

Plus they have a kick ass new stadium.

Happy?

There's plenty wrong with China: I disagree with totalitarian regimes, as a principle I think its wrong. I disagree totally with their oppression of Tibet, a country I have also visited so I'm well equipped to make such comments.

Have you been to China my yankee friend? Have you ever even set foot outside the US?

So... you mention Chinese food that has been "untainted or changed" by Westerners. What other country doesnt offer this?  You can get any countries "authentic" food just by going there. Or, if you have the cash you can get Authentic food from almost any country in the world in a span of 30 blocks here in the Capital of the world, nYc.

Oh, they have trains. Special ones that look pretty or go super fast! Wow.  Almost every state (if not every) has its own subway and transportation system. I can't believe you even brought up freaking trains...

Business men who bow and are totally 'nice' to you. $$$$$$$ No shit. So the Chinese are a little more respectful and like to bow their heads and shit.  I don't need that crap to enjoy whatever it is I'm buying.  If I want to feel like some special king and have people act just as $nice$, I'll go to a strip club.  Same shit in terms of business.

Astonishing rates of production at "insert this amount of white rice" an hour.

Yeah.

Oh and no. I've never been to China. Nothing draws me to it really aside maybe seeing the great wall. Or hanging in the seedy parts to see how crazy it gets.

That and, we all know that Chinese chicks "love you long time" :>

And one more point...  I havent seen any Americans trying to sneak out of this country under a fucking fish boat.  Yeah, things are really spiffy out there I bet. I really can't wait to go. Really.

~S~

Iconic Shawn

• Realtime Visionary
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2007, 08:43:45 PM »
If you're gonna blame China for making shit products, blame western nations for buying them.

They wouldn't manufacture them if nobody bought them.

Yeah. If you actually read what I wrote you would see that I also made that point.

~S~

PurpleHaze

• Tongue Like A Razor
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007, 09:09:57 PM »
So what's your problem then?

Why single out China and then endlessly promote America? Shouldn't we criticise both equally with regards to the import/export of low quality goods?

Also, It's funny how you'd blow your top if people called Americans fat, greedy and ignorant but you have no problem whatsoever using equally ridiculous national stereotypes to make fun of China.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 09:17:30 PM by PurpleHaze »

axlstwin

• A Classic Case
  • DR STRANGELOVE
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2007, 09:12:08 PM »

So... you mention Chinese food that has been "untainted or changed" by Westerners. What other country doesnt offer this?  You can get any countries "authentic" food just by going there. Or, if you have the cash you can get Authentic food from almost any country in the world in a span of 30 blocks here in the Capital of the world, nYc.

~S~

Erm...few countries these days don't have burgers and fries as common delicacies. I travel. Have you ever had yak in Chinatown? No. The stuff you get in Chinatowns across the globe is a highly watered down, westernised version of the real thing.

Oh, they have trains. Special ones that look pretty or go super fast! Wow.  Almost every state (if not every) has its own subway and transportation system. I can't believe you even brought up freaking trains...
Erm, both the Lhasa train and the Shanghai Mag-Lev are engineering marvels. I can't stand train nerds, but that much has to be said.
Business men who bow and are totally 'nice' to you. $$$$$$$ No shit. So the Chinese are a little more respectful and like to bow their heads and shit.  I don't need that crap to enjoy whatever it is I'm buying.  If I want to feel like some special king and have people act just as $nice$, I'll go to a strip club.  Same shit in terms of business.

erm...its a Japanese custom to bow. At least know what you're talking about you ignorant prick. I'm talking about generally inquiring about how you are, and going out of their way to please you. It improves customer relations.

Astonishing rates of production at "insert this amount of white rice" an hour.
this is the biggest load of guff I've ever read. Pick up a copy of Prospect, or any decent political/economic magazine and be amazed. I'm not talking rice. I'm talking high quality engineering, ultra-modern buildings and roads springing up almost weekly, a constantly changing and evolving nation. Just fuck off if you're that ignorant, and don't start stupid topics.