Please login or register. July 28, 2014, 11:30:41 PM

Author Topic: 16 June 2007 - Melbourne (Australia)  (Read 8527 times)

Dark Angel

• Very Old At Heart
  • I Am The Stig's Danish Cousin --.--...-.--..-...-!
Re: June 16th Melbourne Live Updates
« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2007, 05:43:21 AM »
yeah... pretty much! :paranoid: :lol:

but well. Looking forward for pics, more reviews and hopefully some videos from the show.
Would love to see Axl on bike  :lol:
I left myself behind while chasing after dreams I could never find ~ Wasted Away - Bfoot
www.bumblefoot.com
www.baldfreak.com

Nick722

• King Dick
« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2007, 05:45:45 AM »
Yeah, maybe he can ride that bike to the studio and finish Chinese Democracy :retard:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 05:51:19 AM by Nick722 »
The Adventures Of Axl Rose - Part III - http://chinesedemocracy.com/index.php/topic,25215.0.html

JPB

• A Stranger We Met
« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2007, 06:33:10 AM »
Last night was nuts! I didn't think the band could've been more energetic than Friday night, but they fuckin were. Axl was in an obviously GREAT mood (come on he rode a bike onstage for fucks sake!)... smiling, cracking jokes (that Kylie one was a pisser) and talking to the crowd. They even threw condoms out into the crowd! Just before My Michelle Axl mentioned that Bach thought he was the biggest supporter of homosexual music and then asked the crowd whether anyone liked justin timberlake (haha). Crowd went nuts all night, singing along, but very few people knew any of the new songs, everyone just stood there listening to them. They tore through Nightrain, probably one of the best songs of the night and great to see they included Rocket Queen, but I was disappointed with the omission of Chinese Democracy.

I got a peek at the setlist before the show and one of their 'options' was .........DOWN ON THE FARM!! That would have been fucking crazy to hear, but hopefully they'll play it in an upcoming show. 
Will be interesting to see if they can top themselves with the remainder of the aussie shows. All I know is that my ears are still fucking ringing, my chest is bruised, but it was all worth it  :rockon:

cullumania

• Realtime Visionary
« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2007, 06:39:25 AM »
I hate to join the bandwagon of people let down by the setlist, but I hope a brand new song leaks during the tour, so we can hopefully hear something new live. I heard a rumor that something a new version of Chinese Democracy is in circulation; although that would be fun to hear leaked it wouldn't have any real effect on the setlist.                 

Bruno Poeys

• Used To Do A Little
  • I don't believe there's a reason...
« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2007, 08:46:29 AM »
Sorry, my camera was confiscated early into Baz's fucking set, even though he gave us permission to record, but the bike was like a big ass red dragster I guess you could say, and the wheels were fucking huge, like they looked like 4 inches wide haha :lol:

It was an amazing show.. Rose Tattoo were fucking brilliant, I didn't think it could get better, than Baz absolutely blew them away, fuck he is an energetic prick, gives it his all every night looks like, then Axl came out after an extremely long Baz set and fucked him over haha.

Rocket Queen was definitely the track I wanted, and then bam! She's jumped into the set. It was pretty much perfect, Axl's fucking voice was spot on! Every new song they played got a great reception from the audience, though I was the only one singing to them haha.

My highlights were in Welcome to the Jungle, I was front row, I screamed out 'RON THAL!!!!' and threw my fist in the air, and the bastard actually acknowledged it and pointed at me and smiled, it was fucking great, and then right at the end of the show he came down to the barrier and let us strum during Paradise City, I had a crack ;) Gave him a big pat on the back for you Dark Angel! Easily the most crowd friendly member of the band.

T'was Dizzy and Tom Mayhew's birthday so we did the whole birthday thing, was absolutely the best concert I have ever/ever will attend.. It just didn't let up, they were relentlessy powerful all fucking night, and any, and I mean ANY doubts with Axl's voice in my mind are absolutely gone! He started to weaken right at the end with Madagascar, but it was still the most powerful voice in rock people!

Oh, and they gave us complimentary condom's after the show :D Mine were chocolate flavoured!
good to hear Axl's voice is on top (well, at least I think so, lol). Raspy the whole show?  :tongue: Apparently you had a GREAT time, i'm happy for ya. :)
that paradise city thing... i guess it was like RonGod did during PC, on the last 2006 show?
great, Rocket Queen is back. Loved to hear that.
tell me about RonGod's nightrain solo? If you liked it or not, lol. :D

JPB, glad you had a great time. And i really like when people like the new songs... :)
"Every story has an ending
Even though words never die
Every curse is a blessing
Like a shadow in the light"

Shadow, Bumblefoot

GunsNR

• Banned
  • It Was A Long Time With Me
« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2007, 09:20:02 AM »
Cracked me up after Ron's guitar solo (he played Don't Cry) Axl walks out and goes, "Enough of this gayness"
:lol: :lol: :rockon:
heauiehaih ur a child for me little boy...

polar

• Won't Be Told Anymore
« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2007, 07:27:01 PM »
Last night was nuts! I didn't think the band could've been more energetic than Friday night, but they fuckin were. Axl was in an obviously GREAT mood (come on he rode a bike onstage for fucks sake!)... smiling, cracking jokes (that Kylie one was a pisser) and talking to the crowd. They even threw condoms out into the crowd! Just before My Michelle Axl mentioned that Bach thought he was the biggest supporter of homosexual music and then asked the crowd whether anyone liked justin timberlake (haha). Crowd went nuts all night, singing along, but very few people knew any of the new songs, everyone just stood there listening to them. They tore through Nightrain, probably one of the best songs of the night and great to see they included Rocket Queen, but I was disappointed with the omission of Chinese Democracy.

I got a peek at the setlist before the show and one of their 'options' was .........DOWN ON THE FARM!! That would have been fucking crazy to hear, but hopefully they'll play it in an upcoming show. 
Will be interesting to see if they can top themselves with the remainder of the aussie shows. All I know is that my ears are still fucking ringing, my chest is bruised, but it was all worth it  :rockon:

thats hot

Richard_Thumbed_Us_Up

• Rubbermade Baby
  • hey hi i love you
« Reply #82 on: June 18, 2007, 01:46:25 AM »
thats hot

haha yeah....bi polar!

by polar  i get jokes

:ninja:
*Take me down to the paradise city*Where Richard is clean*And his shirts are pretty*

The Spaghetti Incident?

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • All those wasted hours we used to know..
« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2007, 03:23:29 AM »
good to hear Axl's voice is on top (well, at least I think so, lol). Raspy the whole show?  :tongue: Apparently you had a GREAT time, i'm happy for ya. :)
that paradise city thing... i guess it was like RonGod did during PC, on the last 2006 show?
great, Rocket Queen is back. Loved to hear that.
tell me about RonGod's nightrain solo? If you liked it or not, lol. :D

JPB, glad you had a great time. And i really like when people like the new songs... :)

His Nightrain was great, but I noticed Richard was doing the first bit of it? Didn't realise he did any of it haha. Ron was brilliant through out, mucked up Sweet Child slightly, but hey, he was rockin' out, virtuosos are allowed to make mistakes too :D

Bruno Poeys

• Used To Do A Little
  • I don't believe there's a reason...
« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2007, 04:27:40 AM »
His Nightrain was great, but I noticed Richard was doing the first bit of it? Didn't realise he did any of it haha. Ron was brilliant through out, mucked up Sweet Child slightly, but hey, he was rockin' out, virtuosos are allowed to make mistakes too :D
the first nightrain solo is like... 25% Richard, 75% Ron. First part 10-15 seconds richard, and then the last part 30-35 seconds Ron. The second nightrain solo is all Ron's. :tongue:
oh, first time he does some mistake on Sweet Child that I heard. I just wonder... why bbf and bh haven't made too much mistakes onstage? lol. They're allowed to make mistakes, yes, but they just don't. It's rare, at least.
"Every story has an ending
Even though words never die
Every curse is a blessing
Like a shadow in the light"

Shadow, Bumblefoot

spacebrain

• Kneeling Fucking Virgin
Re: 16 June 2007 - Melbourne (Australia)
« Reply #85 on: June 19, 2007, 09:39:07 AM »
all week i was hoping for rocket queen and they delivered :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

worth the price of admission alone

there are a few good vids floating on you tube mainly from the friday concert......

"what we got here is failure to communicate"

scott_c_b

• Catcher
« Reply #86 on: June 19, 2007, 10:17:10 AM »

there are a few good vids floating on you tube mainly from the friday concert......

damn, you are right! i was there friday, and im so glad to see some vids. its harder to hear axl up the front coz the drums and bass hit you so hard, and everyones singing so loudly, so its good to hear some of the concert from further back in some cases, where axls vocals penetrate better
Gn'F'nR's!!!!

GunsNR

• Banned
« Reply #87 on: June 19, 2007, 10:41:06 AM »
Still no videos of Axl on a bike? :(
heauiehaih ur a child for me little boy...

blueheart

• Demy C.S.I.
    • www.axlroseworld.com
« Reply #88 on: June 19, 2007, 11:25:05 AM »
Still no videos of Axl on a bike? :(

unfortunately not  :(

scott_c_b

• Catcher
« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2007, 06:41:29 AM »
surely SOMEONE must have gotten the bike footage, especially if he rode it when they started rocket queen, because im pretty sure that someone would have been like 'omfg, rocket queen. must film!'
Gn'F'nR's!!!!