Man, I just woke up, my bones hurts and with almost no voice.
Yesterday I saw the best concert rock and roll show experience in my life. Some points:
- I was lined up outside the arena early and met some people that travelled from other states, even some people from the USA, we got to hear the soundcheck, man, we could hear the music outside the arena!, the music is loud!
- The first opening band left the stage after 3 songs because everybody were booing them and some people ever cursing them.
- Maligno plays good but after 5 song everything sounded the same, but my thought was "Well, I think we have something to pass the time, because the security guys said that GN'R was scheduled to play at 11:15 pm", Maligno show ended at 10:35 pm I think.
- The crew started to prepare the stage for GN'R, I was very exited, then 11:15 came and nothing, 11:30 nothing, 11:45 nothing, 12:00 nothing. Man!! I have been here standing for like more than 6 hours and my legs were very tired and I was very thirsty!
- Some people were angry and trowing beer and stuff, I was starting to feel angry too, at one point a lot of police men entered the arena and I thought "the show is going to be cancelled and things will be very ugly", some security guy told someone there that Axl plane just arrived at the airport at 11:30 and we were like WTF, but I think at least the show wouldn't be cancelled.
- A message appeared in the arena screens that said "In a few minutes the band Guns N' Roses will be on stage, thank you for your patience"
- At 12:30 the lights went off and everybody started screaming and going crazy, like if GN'R weren't late and everything were cool, I was doing it too. WTTJ started and Axl shouted "You know were the fuck you aaaaareeeeee!!!!!!" and all the people in the floor went crazy jumping and singing loud.
- You now know the set list and everyone were having a good time and in slow songs like KOHD, November Rain and Patience you could hear the whole arena singing, even with the Don't Cry solo everyone singed and Bumblefoot gave two thumbs up and applauded the crowd. The solos were very celebrated and after the Dizzy piano solo a "Dizzy, Dizzy, Dizzy!!" could be heard.
- Paradise City was very intense, a mosh pit started and a glass with beer almost hit Axl, when I saw that I was paralyzed, lol.
- Overall a great and intense show that make up the starting up late, when the lights went on I saw a lot of happy faces, I think that only a very very few knew about past set list of last year, Chinese Democracy and Madagascar were missing, probably because of that it was 2:30 am and they needed to move out almost half the country for the concert today, or maybe because it was the first show of the tour. But everyone were happy that they got to see a great great band with awesome musicians and an awesome singer for 2 hours.
If I remember more things I'll post them, meanwhile I'll wait for some pictures and videos, and probably a full video bootleg. Best regards.